Options

Konditor Meister vs. Montilio's

I'm trying to decide....I'd love opinions and experiences!TIA

Re: Konditor Meister vs. Montilio's

• Options
    Shazzie116Shazzie116 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You'll get a mix of both on here. I'm personally working with KM because it's included in my reception package and we had a great experience with our tasting. I'm not a huge cake expert, but they had a good variety of flavors to choose from. We're doing 1 layer strawberry grand marnier, 2 layers tiramisu, top layer carrot cake, and FI is getting a gluten free chocolate decadence cake on the side. The girl who worked with us was very helpful and attentive without feeling pushy or annoying. I'd recommend bringing your parents or some BP to the tasting because they gave us full slices of cake to taste, and since FI is allergic, I had 7 pieces of cake all to myself. A little overwhelming! But delicious. The only one I outwardly hated was the lemon, since I'm not much of a lemon person.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You should just search the boards a few pages back- there was a huge thread about just this.
  • Options
    Shazzie116Shazzie116 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did Montillios and our cake was really good and exactly what I wanted and they were wonderful to work with, but I just had a KM cake at a baby shower and it was really good, I think even better than our wedding cake. Either way you can't go wrong...
  • Options
    cappellachicacappellachica member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    While I love the Konditor Meister cakes and we've worked with them alot for various parties over the years, I personally voted them both out and went with Dessert Works in Norwood,MA.Dessert Works is great to work with and they can cater to allergies which was very important to us since myself and a couple guests have nut allergies. We are getting a 3 tier round Vanilla Cappucino with Buttercream frosting with Dolce De Leche brocade lace and rolled chocolate roses, cala lillies, and leaves. They are also making a small anniversary cake that replicates the larger cake. Besides the great staff and tons of delicious flavors the prices were right for our budget.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just booked KM. I'm very happy w/them so far. I tried Montilio's cake at a bridal show..and it wasn't anything special.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Honestlly, I could never recommend Montilio's after our wedding cake experience. The cake was good, but the design was not what we had discussed with them at all. We flew up from DC specifically to go over wedding cakes and on the day of the wedding, we were convinced they delivered the wrong cake...It wasn't ugly, it just wasn't what we wanted...We had requested a more intricate design and they clearly couldn't follow through with that. To top it off, they "claimed" they were sorry and would give us our money back, but that was over 2.5 months ago and we have yet to resolve the issue. Their staff is extremely unprofessional and difficult to get in touch with, so if you have ideas of elaborate designs and the like, I wouldn't go with them.
  • Options
    MrkyrainMrkyrain member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used KM for my wedding and loved them. Their cakes are delicious ( I went to two others tastings and liked KM the best) and they were wonderful to work with. I'm sure the other place is good too. Don't Know much about them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Jilly!  Have you been to tasting yet?  I feel like people have strong reactions to one or the other.  I personally dislike the way KM cakes taste.  I have tried many times to get into their cakes, but every time I am disappointed.  I picked Montillio's only through process of elimination.  The cake also was not a big deal to myself or my financee so taste for us beat out style.  But again, I would go to each and have a tasting.  See which one you like better and see if you get a vibe that works for you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's really half and half. A lot of girls here went with smaller companies and I rarely read negative reviews about those.
  • Options
    bellezza33bellezza33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have the choice between KM & Montilio's as part of our reception package.  We went to tastings at both places on the same day so they would be fresh in our minds, and Montilio's cakes were far better.  I will concede that KM has better looking cakes, but they tend to be dry.  I knew immediately that I wanted Montilio's.  Also, we were at a wedding last month that served KM cake, and again, it was very dry.  It all depends what's more important to you.  Some people don't place as much importance on the flavor as they do on the look.  I love cake, so taste was my priority.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards