Massachusetts-Boston
Options

AW: Married bio (finally)...

Hi there-I finally succumbed and made a married bio:http://sites.google.com/site/killian0517/homeSorry, I don't know how to make the link click-able.  Hopefully that will work.  I will add it to my signature too, if I can figure that out.  :)
imageimage BFP #1 7/2011 natural m/c at 11.5 weeks. BFP #2 3/2012 ectopic pg, MTX at 7.5 weeks. BFP #3 10/2012, EDD 6/24/2013 over the moon to be expecting our baby girl in June!

Re: AW: Married bio (finally)...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok, the link in my signature seems to work.  So you can click that instead of copy & pasting. 
    imageimage BFP #1 7/2011 natural m/c at 11.5 weeks. BFP #2 3/2012 ectopic pg, MTX at 7.5 weeks. BFP #3 10/2012, EDD 6/24/2013 over the moon to be expecting our baby girl in June!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yay, I <3 your wedding!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    who was the BM dress designer?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh thanks, Ekobrenski!  The bridesmaid dresses were from Ann Taylor.  I loved them--they were silk and we got them for $80.  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Everything looked beautiful!! :o)  Congrats!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Everything looked beautiful!
    GP February Siggy Challenge:
    Black History Month

TTC since Feb 2012
    Diagnosed with PCOS and anovulation
    2 round clomid 1 round femara--no response
    1st round injectables/IUI 1/31---BFP! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lovely wedding!Btw, at first glance you remind me of Ann Hathaway. Hope that doesn't come off offensive. I like Ann. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    so so so beautiful!!! also, agree with jen!! the whole time i was looking at your pics thats what i thought :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!  That's funny about Anne Hathaway--I've only heard it once before.  I'm not offended.  I've never heard it from someone who has seen me in real life--maybe it's something about the way I look in photos. :p
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Looks like you had a beautiful wedding!!!  congrats!!  I also love your Ketubah!!!  That was one of the hardest things for us to pick out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also saw the Anne Hathaway thing!Gorgeous wedding! So classy, New Englandy--just beautiful. My sister is getting married, and I feel like she'd love the Faculty Club. How many people did you have at the wedding? It looks like dancing and dinner will all in the same room?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Gardenbryde--The faculty club is a great venue, definitely a very old New England feel.  Events there need to be sponsored by a member--so your sis needs to know someone who is (or be herself) an alumnus or faculty/instructor/officer/postdoc at Harvard.THe event flow is a little complicated to explain.  The cocktail hour is mainly in a room which isn't pictured in my bio.  The room I labeled "cocktail hour" is the main lobby.  Dinner was split between two adjoining rooms to accommodate our guest list of 100 people, and the dance floor was in one of those 2 rooms.  The bar (where the cake was) is a third room which adjoins the two dining rooms.  They can accommodate up to 120 people for dinner in the two rooms we used.  You can have more (maybe up to 170--I can't remember exactly) by opening up a third dining room....if it ends up being a venue she is considering, let me know and I can give you/her more info.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Agreed about your resemblance to Anne Hathaway! And that's a compliant! ;)Everything looked gorgeous! I love the simple elegance of everything!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lovely wedding!  I was seeing shades of Jackie O (my style icon) in you, but I now see the Anne Hathaway resemblance too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    lol I totally see the Anne Hathaway resemblance! :o)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I see Anne Hathaway, but you def have that Jacki O understated elegance
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for the help! My sister is also thinking of Cape/MV wedding--but isn't sure if it'll work logistically. Anyway--this sounds really great--a lot like my wedding (various rooms, etc.). I bet she'll like it.We grew up in MA, so a lot of our high school classmates and neighbors, etc. went to Harvard, so hopefully someone would sponsor!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Gardenbryd-yeah the Harvard Square location is def convenient for OOTers.  I think it does have a similar feel to your venue--like an old mansion--just in a little bit more of an urban/campus setting.  I will say that I think it was a good value, all things considered.  Good luck to your sister in her venue hunt!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards