Massachusetts-Boston
Options

wedding dresses in Boston

Hi there, I'm finally going dress shopping and have no idea where to start! I live in Boston and want something either downtown or within 25 min. Like everyone, would love something special but somewhat reasonable. A nice "experience" would be great, too! Any suggestions? Thanks!

Re: wedding dresses in Boston

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Sabella Couture on Tremont Street. They only carry two lines (Simone Carvalli and Enzoani) and they do custom dresses as well. Maria is the owner and the seamstress so she knows what can and can't be done to alter a dress. 
  • Options
    hapark11hapark11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto previous post. I was just there again today (getting a bridesmaid dress altered) and was once again reminded of how much I like Maria, the owner, and her store. She is so great.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! Will check out Sabella. Has anyone tried Vows? Sounds hit or miss but with good potential. I am a 2/4 though so worried because sounds like the majority of the sample sizes are 8/10. Any experience with the store would be appreciated!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've heard good things about VOWS as well as some bad (a couple times I've read that they try to rush you, but if you go on a weekday, this is really not an issue.) Whether you find something you like really depends on the stock.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks. Does anyone know about the quality of Camilla's bridal in Arlington? Seems like the exexperience can be so-so, but I haven't seen a lot about the quality of their dresses.
  • Options
    kates2480kates2480 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Has anyone tried Vows? Sounds hit or miss but with good potential. I am a 2/4 though so worried because sounds like the majority of the sample sizes are 8/10. Any experience with the store would be appreciated! I got my Kenneth Pool for Amsale dress at Vows. I had a great experience. It could have been better if I went during the week when they take appointments, but I went on a Saturday, so it was a little crowded. I found my dress really quickly. A 2/4 on the street would be a 6/8 in a wedding dress, they have PLENTY for you. you can check out their selection at bridepower.comHave fun!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Camilla's. I loved the experience there. It is a small shop, but the ladies who run it are very friendly, patient, and not at all pushy. They carry a lot of lines of dresses, ranging from reasonable quality to more high end. Prices from $600-2000 I think. I got a Maggie Sottero dress from them. You can find the full list of designers on their website.
    imageimage BFP #1 7/2011 natural m/c at 11.5 weeks. BFP #2 3/2012 ectopic pg, MTX at 7.5 weeks. BFP #3 10/2012, EDD 6/24/2013 over the moon to be expecting our baby girl in June!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to Vows and Camilla's and really liked them both.  Camilla's doesn't have a huge selection, but the women there are really nice.  Vows was probably my favorite of all the dress stores I visited.  I went on a Saturday and I didn't feel pressured or rushed.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to Chryssie's Bridal in Canton, (about 25 min I'd say). My first apt. was on a sunday, they are only open for appointments and until the first week in Oct for sundays, but I was the only person in there, so it was totally one on one and we were there 2 1/2 hours! I'd say that was a great experience, since I went back a couple days later and bought the dress! Of course they are open the rest of the week, but I liked not having other people around!
  • Options
    jenvaletjenvalet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you go to Vows, I have a $150 credit that I'd be willing to sell for $100.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had a nice experience at Camilla's. The shop is adorable and they do have some beautiful dresses. I got my dress at Marry & Tux in Nashua. I know it's farther than 25 min but after I had been to about 5 other stores we took the trip up (about 45 min form Boston) and I had the most wonderful experience and found my dream dress!
    Marieke & Michael 5.14.10 Loving life with our 2 boys Anthony (3.22.08) and Dominic (due 2.14.11)!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I highly recommend Allegria in Belmont.  I actually didn't get my dress there because I had already gotten mine, but we got the bm dresses there and their service was awesome (plus while the girls were trying theirs on I got a chance to look at the bridal gowns).  Their selection is really pretty decent and every girl that works there is just so nice and attentive.I'd definitely make an appointment if you decide to go though, otherwise I don't think you can try anything on.hth!

...hello out there!
    imageimage
    dx with anovulatory PCOS 2005
    off bcp 11/11
    2 rounds of clomid and 1 round of femara... no response.
    injectables/IUI 12/12... BFN
    02/13 IVF cycle converted down to IUI due to low follicle response.... everything crossed for that BFP!
  • Options
    desistoldesistol member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Camilla's- and have had a great experience when I bought it, as well as for my fittings.  They are really wonderful and no pressure.  I brought in my comb headpiece that I bought somewhere else and they loved it and wanted to know where I got it.  My cousin got her dress there as well. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't find my dress at Camilla's but I had a great experience there.  The ladies who worked there were so friendly and nice, and even the clients when I was there were nice, too!  I went by myself and I had a client who was there acting as my "mom of the day", giving me opinions and suggestions.  The atmosphere there was just so friendly.  It was definitely my most fun experience shopping for a gown.  They don't have that many dresses but still not bad of a selection.  I'd give it a try.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I found my dress at Priscilla of Boston and I highly recommend going there! The service is the best! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are downtown, I would recommend making an appointment at Ana Hernadnez on Newbury St.  She will custom make a dress for you so it will fit perfectly, and you can tweak the design to suit your style.  I absolutely loved the experience and loved my dress.  Have fun!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress from Pricilla of Boston on Boylston Street. Everyone there is very helpful and experienced which I liked. I feel inlove with my dress but wanted to make some changes and the are able to make the change through their inhouse alter.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a great experience at VOWS (it's where I bought my dress). However, I'd suggest that you go to another couple of stores first, to get a more clear idea of what it is you want, what you like and don't like, and to get a more "bridal" treatment. VOWS is a lot like TJMaxx-- you paw through the racks yourself, then wait in line (on Saturdays) for a dressing room to open up. I never felt rushed by the staff, but there were a bunch of people waiting for a room that made me feel hurried. In the end, I got a dress with a sticker price of $5600 for $599. I got my "bridey" experience from Yolanda's, from a few shops by my parents in Connecticut, and from Priscilla's downtown. But I got the dress from VOWS :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at VOWS. Its a very Wang priced at $8,000 and I got it for $999. After I went there None of the other stores selections compared. I personally liked that they left me alone and let me walk through the store and pick out the dresses myself. I did go on a week day and there was only one other bride there and they were very  nice and helpful but def didn't hover!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    *Vera Wang! ooops!
  • Options
    MrkyrainMrkyrain member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a great experience at Camillas. They were really nice. I didn't end up finding a dress there but I really liked them. I also visited Vows and found it to be "fine". I ended up buying my dress at Allegria. As I have said in a previous post, they were nice at the appointments and the dresses were beautiful but once I bought my dress, I personally did not have a good experience.
  • Options
    MrkyrainMrkyrain member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got the BM dreses at Pricillas's Of Boston. They were really nice too. They did order one of the girls the wrong size but it was fixed in the end. :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    To piggyback on KMDC's post -- has anyone been to Party Dress Express, in Fall River? www.partydressexpress.com. It looks like it may be similar to how PPs have described VOWS, perhaps. They seem to have a large selection and also free alterations...is it too good to be true?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards