Massachusetts-Boston
Options

And PS: What is going on here?

I've been reading a whole slew of posts about this vendor posting... what in the world is going on?????
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: And PS: What is going on here?

• Options
    sunshine1084sunshine1084 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Basically the end of The Knot as we know it.Vendors are now allowed to post "rebuttles" to girls reviews of their services. After which point the topic becomes locked and there is no more room for argument.This has already backfired in a big way with jenwindy recieving a horrifyingly rude email from her DJ...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, it's crazy, right? TK is allowing vendors to respond now. Because apparently, they want to compete with Yelp. Hmm, last time I was on Yelp I could have sworn it wasn't a posting community of brides seeking advice, but I've been known to miss things... Anyways, I promptly interrupted my vacation to incite a riot last week. (Yes, I'm responsible for the "No Vendor Posting" badge you are seeing...)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Holy crap... theknot is actually allowing this???????on one hand, it's nice to see a brides official opinion of a vendor, on the other, allowing vendors to post rebuttles is slapping the bride in the face and saying "yeah, thats not what happened."  Really, you don't think that a paying customer would have a correct interpretation of what services were (or were not) provided?hmm...  should we all move boards? :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Evs - I suggested going rouge, and several folks are on board, but I couldn't come up with a quick/easy solution. Coding a forum is way above my head, ha! But we could do a Yahoo! group specifically for vendor reviews perhaps... for now I think we're just going to post reviews in our bios and notify the board. The vendors can't directly comment on our bios at least (and we can ignore any rebuttals they make to the notification post). The most irritating thing is, I think TK is thinking that they are giving vendors the opportunity to respond if they feel like a bride has been unfair. But that's not what the vendors are doing - instead of addressing legitimate concerns raised by more than one person, they are using the space as free advertising. It's backfiring, big time.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I say if someone wants opinions on vendors they put their email address in their post and everyone can respond confidentially via email or something.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    what about a vendor review board that we create ourselves?  I don't know how to do it, but you could post here with a link to your post on that board?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    and/or a bunch of active knotties could have a link to it in their bios. Liz, I'm looking for the post where the DJ messed with Jenwindy...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome back, Ev! Oh you missed some unwelcome drama.PS. The vendor posting was revised by The Knot. The vendor originally copied and pasted my email, out of context of course. That section was removed.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kobs - that's what I've been suggesting, that TK create ANOTHER board, strictly for vendor reviews, and any issues/drama can just be kept there. Falling on deaf ears though. We could establish our own board just for vendor reviews, it has to be outside of the knot though - like a Yahoo group or something (unless someone else knows of a free forum?).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, i think it's better off being not knot sponsored...IDK of any free ones though
  • Options
    2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They used not to allow brides to post negative reviews of vendors at all.  Then they decided to ease up on that policy.  However, they then said that a vendor who had a negative review could write a rebuttal, which The Knot could choose to post.  The topic would then be closed.This has raised all sorts of issues.  For example, do we want vendors having an incentive to lurk here to look out for negative reviews?  If a bride posts a negative review, is she going to face retaliation from the vendor?  In the past, one of the ways to determine whether a negative review was legit or not was to see whether other brides had similar experiences.  However, if the topic gets locked after the vendor rebuttal, that can't happen.  Finally, it kind of gives the vendor the last word.The new policy seems to be under review at this point, so who knows what will happen with it?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards