Massachusetts-Boston
Options

JohnLo Photography?

Hi everyone, I'm planning my wedding from afar (I live in Ga at the moment, and we are getting married in RI next June) which makes booking some of the vendors difficult, since we can't meet them! My fiance and I really liked John LoConte's work online, and we are considering booking him, but it makes me nervous to book a vendor without getting to meet them first! So my question is- any JohnLo brides out there? I'd love to hear about your experience with him, was he good at making you comfortable in front of the camera, good at blending in the background, listening to your ideas, getting all the shots you wanted, etc? Thanks in advance...any feedback would be a great help!

Re: JohnLo Photography?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have him booked for my wedding in Sept 2010 I haven't met him yet either.. I booked him based on his online work and reviews and from talking with him Via Email. I can tell you he is very professional and has been great to work with so far. He emails back very promptly and mails out all the paperwork in a timely manner. I know there are a few other brides on here that have him booked as well so hopefully they can answer more of your questions! GL
    Married September 25,2010
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Vendor Reviews
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Eileen....he is HIGHLY recommended on here and Wedding WIre.  FI and I thought his work was great online, and we are meeting him in person on Tuesday night. I will let you know how it goes, but from the sounds of his emails and everyone else's experiences, we are booking him on the spot!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    John is absolutely fantastic to work with! He did our engagement pics (check them out on his website or my bio) and he is just a super fun guy, really cares about his work, and takes amazing pictures. You can't go wrong with him! And his prices are amazing!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i usually recommend John to everyone who asks... maybe sometimes too much! he did our engagement pictures and we hired him on the spot for the wedding... he is a doll to work with and such a nice guy! his prices are really great and im a big fan of his creative style... he shows you full weddings when you meet him which i liked a lot... his business has grown a lot since we booked him and im really happy for him... his wife is soo nice as well... IMO i would book him before someone else does... really really super friendly guy with great workhth
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have John booked for my May 2010 wedding! I haven't met him yet either, but like the other brides have said, his prices are great and he is very nice and professional and very prompt with paperwork and responding to emails! I'm glad to hear that other people on here are using him too!
  • Options
    biron1212biron1212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was having a hard time with photographers, since I like in NC right now. I had scheduled an appointment with him but before we could even meet, he booked another couple. It was super disappointing, because he was our top choice at the time. I would recommend at least having a phone call or see if he will skype with you, if you really like him. If that is not enough and you want an appointment, just beware that he may not warn you if someone else is interested in your date. HTHGood luck with the planning!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    HI, he was our photographer for our wedding. I met him in person and booked him that day. I loved his positive reviews from people here on the knot and honestly, his prices were unbeatable! I had the check in hand when I met him and then meeting him sealed the deal for me. John is soo friendly and soo personable. If you want to see the pics he took from my wedding you can go to his blog and last I checked, we are the first one listed from the top "Dina and Kevin" My husband loved him and he really took great shots. Also, I met a lot of photographers for my wedding before choosing, and he is the only person who brought with him and entire album from one wedding. Most photographers show you their best work from a variety of weddings. I am wicked Type A personality and planned my wedding in 12 weeks. I had very little time to book a photographer and was trying to secure a photographer for the busiest month here in New England,but yet I wanted the best, and I still visited/met/searched for a good photographer. Trust me - he is worth booking, even if you can't meet him in person. You've seen his work already and know you like it. When I met him in person, it was just the perfect match. I wouldn't lie to you!!! I swear! He's great!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards