Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Honeymoon Poll

I am home sick today and looking through pictures of my honeymoon and they are making me happy.  Soooo.... How long are you waiting after your wedding to go on your honeymoon?Where are you going or where did you?For how long?Did you and FI/DH agree on your honeymoon location right away or did one of you compromise?What part about the honeymoon are you/were you most excited about?Are you more excited about honeymoon romance, relaxation or fun?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Honeymoon Poll

• Options
    edited December 2011
    How long are you waiting after your wedding to go on your honeymoon?  Our flight left at 7am the next day.  It was a rough morning.Where are you going or where did you?  Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks in Wyoming.For how long? 9 daysDid you and FI/DH agree on your honeymoon location right away or did one of you compromise?  I didn't so much compromise on the location but definitely on the itinerary.  I was all about staying in 1 spot and hubby wanted to  stay in a different part of the park every night.  We ended up staying 3 different places.What part about the honeymoon are you/were you most excited about?  I was most excited about a cowboy dinner we had booked 6 months in advance... and then it snowed that day and we froze.  Looking back on it I get excited about the 3 days we spent in the Tetons, seriously the most beautiful place I have ever been and we didn't do any activities and it was the most fun.Are you more excited about honeymoon romance, relaxation or fun?  This is a tie between relaxation that was much needed after 14 months of wedding planning, and of course romance because it is the honeymoon after all.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How long are you waiting after your wedding to go on your honeymoon? Wedding Saturday - Leave for HM on WednesdayWhere are you going or where did you? Caribbean Cruise leaving out of NYCFor how long? 8 DaysDid you and FI/DH agree on your honeymoon location right away or did one of you compromise? we agreed. It was between that and a sandals resort and he said Cruise...and I could care less either way as long as there is a beach!What part about the honeymoon are you/were you most excited about? The stops! Nassau, Half moon cay, grand turk...Are you more excited about honeymoon romance, relaxation or fun? Both. We've never been on a cruise so were both excited to do new things...as husband and wife:-)
  • Options
    MDalto421MDalto421 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How long are you waiting after your wedding to go on your honeymoon?  We left the Monday after, 5:30am flightWhere are you going or where did you?  We went to St. Lucia, stayed at the Sandals GrandeFor how long?  8 days / 7 nightsDid you and FI/DH agree on your honeymoon location right away or did one of you compromise?  We both agreed on where- neither of us had been there, and we'd heard only good things about it.  it was the resort we had to go back and forth on, but finally after research, we decided the Grande was going to be the best for usWhat part about the honeymoon are you/were you most excited about?  Just relaxing and not having any obligations post-wedding.  That and the couple's massageAre you more excited about honeymoon romance, relaxation or fun?  Romance and relaxation, but when you're at a Sandals, everyone is there on their honeymoon anyway, so its more about the relaxation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How long are you waiting after your wedding to go on your honeymoon? Leaving the Monday after our Saturday wedding.Where are you going or where did you? Vietnam and Thailand.For how long? 2 weeks. Did you and FI/DH agree on your honeymoon location right away or did one of you compromise? Agreed right away.What part about the honeymoon are you/were you most excited about? Kayaking halong bay and sitting on the beach in Thailand.Are you more excited about honeymoon romance, relaxation or fun? fun (and adventure!)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How long are you waiting after your wedding to go on your honeymoon? We left the night after the wedding.Where are you going or where did you?  Italy (Venice), Croatia, and Slovenia.For how long? 12 nightsDid you and FI/DH agree on your honeymoon location right away or did one of you compromise?  Total agreementWhat part about the honeymoon are you/were you most excited about?  Relaxing and experiencing another culture.  The food was great too!Are you more excited about honeymoon romance, relaxation or fun?  Romance & relaxation
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    w8tilucmew8tilucme member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How long are you waiting after your wedding to go on your honeymoon? About a monthWhere are you going or where did you? AfricaFor how long? 19 days (over Thanksgiving so we got the extra 2 days vacation)Did you and FI/DH agree on your honeymoon location right away or did one of you compromise? I wanted to Climb Kili-have wanted to for years (plan for my 40th) Rocco wanted Italy or Bora Bora....I was going with Italy and then he read somewhere that the glacier on Kili was going to be gone soon..so he asked me "do you mind if we go to Africa?" (I guess the subtle hints made him feel like it was his idea!!!)What part about the honeymoon are you/were you most excited about? Climbing the highest peak in Africa and then seeing all the wildlife on the safari...Are you more excited about honeymoon romance, relaxation or fun? Well it wasn't romantic being in a tent sick from the food....but when we finally made it to a real bed it was fun....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are leaving REALLY early (4 am, ugh) on the Tuesday after the wedding St. John, USVI 7 days/nights Yep, we agreed right away - there were several places we didn't want to go because of distance, time of year, etc. - so it was easy to narrow a choice down All of it! We have our own private villa, no one in sight, infinity edge pool that looks straight into the bay.. even if it rains every day, I'll be happy as long as we're out of Massachusetts and not planning a wedding anymore! I think we're both excited to just be together without the wedding nonsense and projects - that will be all behind us and we can just have a good time together, try some new things (I want to snorkel sooooo bad!) and relax
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How long are you waiting after your wedding to go on your honeymoon? We left monday afternoon after our saturday weddingWhere are you going or where did you? Italy (Rome, Florence, parts of Tuscany, Venice)For how long? 2 weeksDid you and FI/DH agree on your honeymoon location right away or did one of you compromise? We had to decide between somewhere tropical and Italy, but we have always gone on tropical vacations together so we wanted to do something different for the honeymoon. What part about the honeymoon are you/were you most excited about? The sightseeing and the food! Are you more excited about honeymoon romance, relaxation or fun? Fun/sightseeing
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How long are you waiting after your wedding to go on your honeymoon?  We left the next day and flew back to LA.  The day after that (Sunday) we left for our honeymoon. Where are you going or where did you? We went to Napa  & San Diego For how long? one weekDid you and FI/DH agree on your honeymoon location right away or did one of you compromise? Yup!  At first we thought of maybe doing a more extensive trip to Croatia but then we wanted to keep it in the US because of the traveling for the wedding, only having a week, and wanting to relax.  Napa was the obvious choice.What part about the honeymoon are you/were you most excited about? Wine tasting!  And the hot air balloon ride.  Oh and swimming with dolphins. Are you more excited about honeymoon romance, relaxation or fun? Relaxation was a huge thing - not feeling like we had to rush around and see everything bc its the only time we'll be there - we know we'll go back to Napa.  And of course romance was a plus :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How long are you waiting after your wedding to go on your honeymoon? leaving the next dayWhere are you going or where did you?Disney then ArubaFor how long? 3 nights in Disney, 7 nights in ArubaDid you and FI/DH agree on your honeymoon location right away or did one of you compromise?We talked about it and agreed.  We didn't want to get married and then leave my daughter.  So we're taking her to Disney then the two of us are off to Aruba.What part about the honeymoon are you/were you most excited about?  FI has never been to Disney and my daughter is at the perfect age to go back..9.  Can't wait to relax in the sun in Aruba and do some fun excursions!Are you more excited about honeymoon romance, relaxation or fun?  All of the above....I NEED a vacation!
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    hbyrne31hbyrne31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How long are you waiting after your wedding to go on your honeymoon? -We are leaving the following afternoon Where are you going or where did you? -Fiji! For how long? - 12 nights. With travel time we lose two days =( Did you and FI/DH agree on your honeymoon location right away or did one of you compromise? -I lived in Sydney for a year for school and never made it to Fiji so he promised that we could go o our honeymoon. It was the first thing I did! What part about the honeymoon are you/were you most excited about? -Relaxing and being alone just the two of us after all this crazy planning. Are you more excited about honeymoon romance, relaxation or fun? -I guesss I'm torn. I'm excited about all three, but the romance on a tropical island is def something to look forward to.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How long are you waiting after your wedding to go on your honeymoon? We came back to DC on Sunday after our Saturday wedding and left for Europe on Monday in the afternoonWhere are you going or where did you? Eastern Mediterranean - Greece, Italy & TurkeyFor how long? 21 wonderful daysDid you and FI/DH agree on your honeymoon location right away or did one of you compromise? We had both always wanted to do the Greek Islands and I thought DH needed to visit Italy (I'd already been a few times) as his grandparents brought the family over from there - He's full blooded italian. Turkey was just an added bonus :) What part about the honeymoon are you/were you most excited about? Just getting away for a nice long break from real life with my new husbandAre you more excited about honeymoon romance, relaxation or fun? relaxation & fun - We had such a blast. But we were visiting some of the most romantic places so we had a good mix I think!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How long are you waiting after your wedding to go on your honeymoon? I teach first grade and we are getting married in May so we are waiting exactly one month until school is out!Where are you going or where did you? Hawaii! We are going to O'ahu, Maui and the big island. For how long? 2 Weeks!Did you and FI/DH agree on your honeymoon location right away or did one of you compromise? FI really wanted to go to Turks & Caicos and I wanted Fiji. We started looking at other places and we agreed upon Hawaii! What part about the honeymoon are you/were you most excited about? I can't wait to relax and realize that the school year is over, planning is over, stress is over and we can just begin our new life together! Oh...and many many drinks in my hand while on the beach!Are you more excited about honeymoon romance, relaxation or fun? I think a little bit of each! I know Hawaii has a ton to see, plenty of places to relax and of course lots of island romance!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How long are you waiting after your wedding to go on your honeymoon? Since I teach we're waiting about a month... til the Thanksgiving long weekend. After the school year we're planning on going away for a few weeks in the July. Where are you going or where did you? A nice Mexican AI first and then hopefully Napa/San Fran in the SummerFor how long? 4 nightsish and then 2 weeksDid you and FI/DH agree on your honeymoon location right away or did one of you compromise? We've been talking about it for a long time and kind of just came to this idea pretty randomlyWhat part about the honeymoon are you/were you most excited about? Sleeping in and relaxing! Oh and some fantastc yummy meals/drinks. Are you more excited about honeymoon romance, relaxation or fun? Both? Lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards