Massachusetts-Boston

Nice yet affordable reception venue in the North Shore

Ok, I am new to the forum, but have been reading it for over a month now.
I do not have a date yet, i want to find the perfect venue and then decide on the date. That way, i can come up with a realistic budget instead of falling in love with a place i can't afford.

Anyway, i dream of getting married at the Immaculate Conception Church in Revere. This is a beautiful church, it's simplicity makes it so appealing to me. It reminds me of churches of in the old days.

Anyway, i need a reception venue around Revere. I am sure my guest won't mind driving a little bit to be with us on our special day, but i don't want to make them drive too much as some are from out of town.

Wedding size is about 100 to 150 people (my family is big). Ideal wedding budget will be under $20,000, but closer to $15,000.

I prefer anything with a nice garden or close to somewhere we can take beautiful pictures. It could be contemporary as well as traditional. I don't like barns or rustic places.

All recommendation are greatly appreciated.

Thanks and congratulations to all of those with a wedding date.

Re: Nice yet affordable reception venue in the North Shore

• edited December 2011
    Not sure if this is too much of a drive- but I am getting married at the Hawthorne Hotel in Salem. it's about 20 minutes from Revere. The ballroom is absolutely stunning. It's right across the street from the Salem commons, which are gorgeous for photos. I know they currently have value wedding packages for certain dates. Email them or call to get more info. hawthornehotel.com

You can see photos of past weddings at http://weddingsatthehawthornehotel.blogspot.com/
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Teebag, that would not be such a bad drive... will check it out.

Please keep suggestions coming.

When looking for the Hawthorne Hotel, I came across The Salem Waterfront suites. 
    Has anyone attended a wedding here?
  • edited December 2011
    How about Spinellis? Food is always good and they do a package.
  • edited December 2011
    Hey!

So I also looked at Salem Waterfront. I've heard very good things about it. My one complaint is that its not really waterfront! It overlooks the parking lot. We ended up going with Hawthorne so we could have a view of the commons instead.

But the Salem waterfront staff is really nice!
  • edited December 2011

There are a few places in Nahant that are supposed to be really affordable.  I belive it's the Nahant Country Club, and Ocean View?  I've never attended anything at either, but I've heard good things.  I think Ocean View is right on the water with a really great view. 
    There's also Spinelli's on route 1.  I'm not sure if they would fit in your budget though.  It doesn't hurt to give them a call. 
    I'll keep thinking.

12/12/2009
  • edited December 2011
    Elks at Bass Rocks in Gloucester sounds like it could be right up your alley. It's about a 35 minute ride from Revere though. Might be worth it to be right on the water!
  • edited December 2011
    You know, I never even bother looking at Spinelly's because of it's location, but it is actually quite nice and the prices seem reasonable. Although the 18% administrative fee made me scratch my head and that does not even include gratuity. I will check them out as it might work for us. 

So, those of you that have attended a wedding there, how good is the food?
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't attend a wedding there.. btu I've been to many bridal showers and graduation parties there and the food is always fantastic.
  • edited December 2011
    Im getting married at the Ocean View Inn in Gloucester. Its beautiful and affordable for renting the venue. The elks was 4,000 more to book. The only thing is the food minimum for a seated dinner is 100$ a person. But they have other choices as buffet. and you can save on the booze because you supply the liquor and bartenders if you have it in the atlantic balleroom with is over 120 people. they do not let you bring in an outside caterer. Good luck on your searchings!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    My friend is getting married at Spinellis in May and so far so good. I attended a shower there and the food was great!  As for the administrative fee, it's hard to escape that! Ours is at Cafe Escadrille and I think that's what we're paying.
  • edited December 2011
    vtbm, Cafe scadrille looks wonderful, did not see their pricing tho.

Any info on them will be greatly appreciate. If i find an spectacular place, were i can also have my ceremony i am open to it as well. If anything i will have the priest at Immaculate conception officiate it.

Thanks,
    Luz
  • Blueyed228Blueyed228 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im getting married at the Danversport Yacht Club.  They have great pricing.  Im doing the ballroom which has a food minimum higher that your budget, but they have other rooms there.  The next room can hold 220 people and I think the minimum is only 10K (that includes all fees, taxes, etc)

I also love the Hawthrone Hotel (my wedding was just too big for the room).

Willowdale Estate in Topsfield is one of my favs too.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • megandjaymegandjay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_nice-yet-affordable-reception-venue-north-shore?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:89Discussion:13c8dacd-abfa-429a-a5d4-357fb4785d09Post:3861b7e7-c6dc-489f-91c0-429a2e3bc20e">Re: Nice yet affordable reception venue in the North Shore</a>:
    [QUOTE]You know, I never even bother looking at Spinelly's because of it's location, but it is actually quite nice and the prices seem reasonable. Although the 18% administrative fee made me scratch my head and that does not even include gratuity. I will check them out as it might work for us.  So, those of you that have attended a wedding there, how good is the food?
    Posted by guzman_luz@yahoo.com[/QUOTE]

You will find that many hotels have fees like this, actually I found a lot of them to be about 23-26% on top of the per person price, for administrative fee, tax and gratuity.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards