Massachusetts-Boston
Options

boudoir pics

I've read a lot of you guys have done these and I never thought I would (I'm scared!) but my photography just posted on her blog that she's doing boudoir shoots.  (this is it if you are interested http://leahhaydock.blogspot.com )

To anyone who has done this:
How did the FI/DH react to the gift?
How did you get over nerves?
Anybody have any stellar diet tips?
How do I do bedroom eyes without laughing?

Re: boudoir pics

• Options
    Shazzie116Shazzie116 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey lundar! I did these back in November 50% for a gift for H, 50% for myself (it's an amazing empowering experience).

To answer your questions:

-H loved it. I had a 4x6 book done, the pages are thick and flush printed. It came in a nice box wrapped in tissue paper and he was so clueless. As soon as he opened the cover and saw me lying on a bed all sexylike, his eyes went wide and was just like "Ohhhhh wow..." It was so cool. I've seen him looking at it from time to time. 

- I am a pretty modest person, I don't even like changing in front of friends, so I was a little nervous. But my photog (Melissa Robotti) made me feel wicked comfortable very quickly, and it felt like I was hanging out with my best friend, just in my underwear. Some girls drink a glass of wine or champagne. I found that some fun Frank Sinatra-like jazzy music helped me get into it and have fun with it. 

-I did the 30 Day Shred workout video. I didn't do it as often as I could have, but it definitely helped me tone my arms, back and belly. I didn't lose as much as I hoped, but I also didn't follow a super strict diet. 

- You will laugh, and that's fine! It's natural! I kind of practiced have a sassy sexy face in the mirror. It felt kind of silly, but it helped me kind of figure out what expressions looked better. Your photog will also help you look your best. Have fun with it!
  • Options
    eouelleteouellet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My husband loved mine.  I didn't see him opening them myself (I had a mutual female friend give them to him in his suite while we were getting ready for the ceremony) but apparently his jaw pretty much dropped.  He still loves to look at them together 6 months later, and he says it was just such a special and personal gift.  I think the thing he liked most about it was all the preparation and secret work that went into putting the gift together - all of which he was totally clueless about.

In terms of tips - I don't know, for me it was very easy and natural to pose for the photos.  My photog (Agnieszka Wormus) is such a pro - and a rockstar - that she just made me feel totally at ease and like this was the most normal thing in the world.  I didn't freak b/c after all, she's seen probably hundreds of women prancing around in lingerie or less, and so it's not like it wasn't anything she hadn't seen before!

I workout regularly and didn't change anything prior to the photos or the wedding except adding in a bit more strength training with my cardio, which was actually incredibly helpful.  I did most of my strength workouts through definitions and pilates classes.  Prior to the photo shoot, I did some situps at home, just to give my abs their best fighting chance.  

Definitely do it - both you and your hubby-to-be will be so happy you did.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_boudoir-pics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:89Discussion:144f0a3f-983b-45e9-b4f7-20b441f78150Post:2fc91316-d2ed-4a35-8e9d-e17c019886f4">boudoir pics</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've read a lot of you guys have done these and I never thought I would (I'm scared!) but my photography just posted on her blog that she's doing boudoir shoots.  (this is it if you are interested <a href="http://leahhaydock.blogspot.com" rel="nofollow">http://leahhaydock.blogspot.com</a> ) To anyone who has done this: <div>How did the FI/DH react to the gift? LOVED it.</div><div> How did you get over nerves? Melissa RObotti is awesome with calming your nerves! Just be yourself.</div><div> Anybody have any stellar diet tips? Lay off the salt and carbs for a week before , it will help.</div><div> How do I do bedroom eyes without laughing? LOL...Be yourself. Crazy, right? Think of your FI/H.
    Posted by lundar[/QUOTE]

</div>
  • Options
    MelissaBoutinMelissaBoutin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh you will have SO much fun.  If your photographer is good they'll know how to use the light to make you look your best - really.  Make sure you are comfortable with that person before agreeing to do one though - how comfortable you are really determins how good the pictures come out.

I'll recommend my photographer, Jen DeCesari, because her prices are ridiculously good - she's expanding into weddings and boudoir and has her own studio (not in her house!) with great professional equipment and her work is really amazing!  I recommend her to everyone :)

http://DeCesariPhotography.com

Definitely give her a call - you won't be disappointed.  I'm so glad I found her!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I need to get on this boudoir train, hopefully I'll be able to do it after the wedding!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have been nervous to do this too. My photographer Caty Morris ( cmorrisphotography.com) does this. She even posted one persons on her blog because they asked her to post them for people! So you can see what kinda shots look like!! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards