Massachusetts-Boston

DJs (Affordable,Modern and Not Cheesy)

Hi,
Anyone have any recommendations for good djs in MA. We are getting married in Beverly, MA. We want someone who is in tune with todays music. We do not want any cheesy Macarena, Electric Slide, Twist, Shout, etc.. We like current with some Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra thrown in, U2, but mostly withing the last decade. We dont want to break the bank. We looked at a really good DJ last week, but the price was 2800 which is way overpriced! Any ideas would be helpful
Summer 2010

Re: DJs (Affordable,Modern and Not Cheesy)

• edited December 2011
    We used Greg Hodges from 5 Star Events.  

He has a variety of packages and we thought he was great!!! His approach is very low key - he's very knowledgeable and works closely with you to make sure you get what you want.  High recommend!
  • edited December 2011
    We're using RaMu and the Crew (clicky) and I have nothing but wonderful things to say about him! Our wedding's in NH and he doesn't have travel fees.  He includes uplighting (yeah, like for free!) and when we booked him his prices were VERY reasonable ($1300) for 5 hrs.  Check out his reviews and videos! GL!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • njlfrednjlfred member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used DJ Ken Drew.  We had a great experience with him and he will not break the bank (we paid under $1,000 for our 2010 wedding). 
  • edited December 2011
    Phat Bastard Entertainment - find him on facebook.
    5 hours plus lighting (for free) only $550.00
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    June 2012 May Siggy Challenge: The invitations
    image 126 Are ready to party!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Curtis Knight entertainment for a DJ, specifically Greg Gervais.  They are very reasonably priced.

I would also recommend Thomas Welch for an officant, he is so nice.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • luv2teech7luv2teech7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using MIke @ Pure Energy Entertainment.  He can work with any budget-
  • Blueyed228Blueyed228 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Peter from Groove Entertainment.  We booked a package that included DJ, Video, and Uplights.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • plato79plato79 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had similar concerns to yours. I highly recommend Aaron Topfer, who is DJing my reception on 6/3. He's very nice, totally professional. I know he's going to be an amazing DJ. I can give you more info/a review after the wedding, but here's his website: http://newhampshiredjandlivemusic.com/Welcome.html

Also, he's a professional musician and will do your ceremony music and/or play piano for cocktail. If you pay him up front he usually knocks off $300. I think we paid $1095 for him + $300 for 2 musicians so that we could have a jazz trio at cocktail hour and the first hour of dinner. 

Good luck! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker June 3, 2011!
  • edited December 2011
    I loved, loved, loved DJ Erik and would highly recommend him. Our guests still talk a year later about how great the music was at our wedding.

DJ- Erik Buford/Event Experience
     http://event-experience.com/
    508-345-7995
  • vcavallo32vcavallo32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all so much, this is so helpful!!
    Summer 2010
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards