Massachusetts-Boston
Options

NWR: Anyone been to the Gardner Furniture Outlets?

We want to buy a dining room set and we are leaning towards one from Cardi's.  But I have never been out to Gardner and I  have heard it is the furniture capital of the world!  Hahah!  We're thinking about going this weekend, but it is pretty far, so can anyone tell me if it is worth the drive?  I'm worried they have nohting good and we are going to waste our Sunday going there.

We've been to Jordans, Bernie & Phyls, Bob's, IKEA, Boston Interiors, and Cardis.  Phew, that's a lot!  Any other good places we should look at before we buy?

Re: NWR: Anyone been to the Gardner Furniture Outlets?

• Options
    cdlnmfcdlnmf member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, but it is really not worth the drive! Haha, its a small town in the middle of nowhere and there really aren't any furniture stores with anything better or cheaper than anywhere else. I think the whole furniture capital of the world thing was from a really long time ago, like a hundred years, back when it was probably the only industrial business of the sort in its area. Good luck, but honestly, not worth the drive if its more than 30 or 40 minutes for you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Agree!  Not worth the drive.  Bought bedroom furniture there 16 years ago and haven't been back since.  My parents went last month & ended up buying the same items for less closer to home.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used to live in Templeton Ma which is a town that's past Gardner. I had a nice bedroom set from there but honestly it's around the same price. 

I highly suggest Arhaus Furniture (it's Pottery Barn like only cooler!!) I have my dining room table, kitchen table, huge living room couch (it fits like 3 people fully sprawled out), a  ton of side tables, accents etc. They are in Burlington and Natick. Beautiful stuff!! and when people come in my house they always ask where I got things <:
    Oct1201212 Twins born at 34w2d, Allison, 3lb,4oz-Ethan, 4lb7oz, both 16 1/2 inches. Out of Difficulties Grow Miracles BestBuddiesBoy AprilPosseMultiLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards