Massachusetts-Boston

Venue Recommendations & Suggestions Wanted!!!

Hi ladies,

So my fiance and I have decided to expand our search beyond Boston proper but the problem is neither of us are from this area nor do we own a car so we have no idea where to start looking for venues to host the receptions. We are willing to go pretty much anywhere within 1-1.5 hours of Boston. Any help and suggestions would be appreciated!!!

Thanks!

Re: Venue Recommendations & Suggestions Wanted!!!

• How many people do you want to invite and what is your budget? Do you want/need it to be accessible by public transit?

Anniversary
  • I think it would also be help for the board to know what kind of setting do you want: Hotel Ballroom, Country Club/golf course, barn, ocean side, museum, etc.  # of people and budget are also key. 
    After all of those, I'll sure you'll get plenty of suggestions. 
  • I agree with PPs. It will be easier to give you recommendations that will be useful for you if we have more information like head count, style, if you need it close to public transportation etc.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited May 2012
    II know you said you are looking for something outside of Boston, but if you ever change your mind and if you are looking for something different and romantic, check out the Museum of Science in Boston. We are getting married there in Sept. We only have 50 people but they can accomodate much much more, up to 300 I think. It is reasonably priced and close to a lot of sites where you can take your wedding photo. We are having both our ceremony and reception there and the top room where both will be going on has a panoramic view Boston :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • spimentspiment member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    We are looking for places for 50 people so I'm more just looking for places people may have been to. I'm very flexible about a lot of the details (Location, size, style accessibility) so I'm mostly just looking for places people have gone to/seen/been to etc. There are so many options on the Venues page that I am overwhelmed and I feel like getting names of places from people who have done or been to weddings around here would be more helpful.
  • Tupper Manor in Beverly was really nice, a friend of mine got married there last year. Willowdale Estates also looks pretty and my brother and FSIL are getting married there this year. Waterfront hotel or Hawthorne hotel in Salem are other options plus if you wanted an outdoor ceremony you could get married at Salem Willows or Winter Island. I'm getting married at Groveland Fairways and I love it there and Liz is an awesome coordinator.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_venue-recommendations-suggestions-wanted?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:89Discussion:2f5d9e57-d1d4-4da0-848c-aba4f349b83fPost:857e86f3-8efa-4080-b1b3-7ad339849074">Re: Venue Recommendations & Suggestions Wanted!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are looking for places for 50 people so I'm more just looking for places people may have been to. I'm very flexible about a lot of the details (Location, size, style accessibility) so I'm mostly just looking for places people have gone to/seen/been to etc. There are so many options on the Venues page that I am overwhelmed and I feel like getting names of places from people who have done or been to weddings around here would be more helpful.
    Posted by spiment[/QUOTE]

I'm having 50 people as well and the Museum of Science really is a beautiful place. The event manager and catering manager are just amazing and have been open to every idea and request we have. Give them a try! You will love the skyline room which has a panoramic view of the city :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards