Massachusetts-Boston

Rehearsal Dinner locations in dedham area

So I need help! We need a nice place to hold our RD in the dedham area. The church is in wellesley and we want to get everyone closer to the hotel for the dinner but we havent been able to come up with anything great (shocking i know as there is legacy place and all of rt 1)

any suggestions?!

Re: Rehearsal Dinner locations in dedham area

• edited December 2011
    My sister had an event at the olde irish ale house in Dedham.  It is a nice upstairs private room.  The food was good and the staff was really nice. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Would you be opposed to driving down Rt. 1 to Norwood? There's several locations there as well, like Bon Caldo, Skye, One Bistro Restaurant, etc. Most of the restaurants do RDs, even the ones in Legacy place, but that area is really expensive.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Joe's Bar and Grill ,Met Bar,Yard House all in Dedham. Is it price that your struggling? I know I'm in that boat as well.  Try to negotiate with them tell them your on a budget and some people are willing to help you out. With this economy restaurants are always looking for more business. Good luck. Dedham Hilton can probably also do a dinner for you.
  • souzq11souzq11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Its not so much price but a place close to the hotel that we can all agree on! I checked with the Yard House but they cant do a RD, FIL&MIL do not like Joes and since we are already doing a brunch at the Hilton the day after the wedding we want some variety...ugh! haha
  • edited December 2011
    What about Finz?  I think that is the name of it.  It is behind the Hilton - you would go to the light and take a left and then a left at the next light and it is on your left.  I have been in there a few times when it was another restaurant and I think there were private rooms.

I don't go over to that area a lot anymore b/c of the congestion but is Vinny T's still there?  It is next to Fox News.

There is also the Midway which is before the Dedham Mall. 

Not sure what kind of food/atmosphere/budget you were thinking of either.
  • edited December 2011
    Finz is closed now but in it's place is Sagra.  Vinny T's is also closed but is now Bucca de Beppo which is the same concept (family-style Italian).  I reccomend Skye in Norwood...great food and more upscale that anything at Legacy place (save for maybe Aquitaine or the MET). 

If you like Sushi/Japanese/Chinese (I'm not talking take-out quality!) i HIGHLY reccomend Bamboo at the Holiday Inn across the street from Legacy Place.  it's delicious, clean, modern, and they have a private room that is fairly large.
  • edited December 2011
    Bucca is a really nice place--food is great and the place is huge--plenty of room to host a RD. 

We had our RD at the Olde Colonial Cafe in Norwood--great restaurant--great food and prices and the staff is great. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    souzq11,
    We are getting married at the Hilton in May as well, and we are also doing a brunch there the next day, so we don't want the rehearsal dinner there.  We are struggling at finding a place too.  I went to Sagra and did not like it too much. Someone I work with also works at Buca di Beppo, and they said do not go there for a rehearsal dinner, so I am staying away from there too.  Most of the options around START at $30 a person without much included.  PM me if you want input on other places.
  • edited December 2011
    What about Sophia's Italian Steakhouse?  They have private rooms, and the BEST chocolate lava cake I've ever tasted.  Also, you could try West on Center up the road in West Roxbury, Isabella in Dedham Center, or Al Wadi (Delicious Lebanese fare).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards