New York-Hudson Valley

Anyone know of a reasonably priced super talented seamstress?!

Hi Girls! So I think I'm ready to order my dress but since I'll be buying it through RK and they don't offer alterations I was wondering if anyone knew of a really great reasonably priced seamstress to do the alterations on my dress. I want to change the neckline to sweetheart, put in a bustle, hem it, possibly take it in(gonna lose 20lbs!), and add a few crystals to the train. Would doing all these things add up to more than $600 you think? Suggestions are welcome! Thanks again!

Re: Anyone know of a reasonably priced super talented seamstress?!

• edited December 2011
    Sounds about right. Do you have a pic of the dress? I migth eb able to give you a beeter idea from there. A lot depends on how many layers, type of fabric, and if there are lace appliques that need to be removed and re-applying.
  • Riss91Riss91 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I recommend Mary and Patty in Thornwood, NY. They are the most reasonably priced seamstresses I've foundi n the area and do great work!
  • edited December 2011
    I reside in nothern new jersey and am in need of an excellent seamstress. I am purchasing a dress that has multiple layers and would like to have the dres taken in for about 5" from the thigh to the calf, Pls respond if you know of an excellent seamstress.

Thanks ladies
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards