Massachusetts-Boston

Vendor Reviews!!

Better late than never!  My wedding was November 14th, 2009, and it was the best day of my life.  Hopefully these reviews are helpful to brides out there looking for their vendors!

Venu: Veronique, A+
We worked with Carrie at Veronique.  The only complaint was some minor lack of follow up and response during the planning process, but as the day got closer, she was with us every step of the way and we felt like she was at our beck and call.  The tasting was sooo professional and elegant, and they really took our suggestions on menu tweaks.  They went above and beyond our suggestions, in fact, and many people said that it was the best wedding food they'd ever had.  During the wedding, there was always someone there to bring me a drink or take my drink when I didn't want to be holding it.  It honestly felt like they were reading my mind and could anticipate every need.  They made us feel like royalty.  I can't say enough about Veronique and their staff.  I would recommend that venue to anyone!! 

Flowers: Fino Fresh Floral Design, A-
They were definitely the most professional florist I met with.  They had a well organized portfolio and were helpful in giving their opinions while still letting me voice my ideas.  Communication could have been a little bit smoother as the day got closer, but nothing to really complain about.  The flowers looked beautiful.  I did feel that the flowers were a little more magenta than purple (which is what I wanted) in the dim light of the room, so I wished they had taken that into consideration. But really, the prices was great and they were easy to work with and did a beautiful job.  Also, the flowers (orchids specifically) lasted for almost 4 weeks after the wedding!

Photographer: Nancy Gould, A
Nancy was great!  She makes you feel very comfortable, and does a beautiful job.  She got some great shots that I didn't even know she was taking.  She's not cheap, but she is definitely comparable to other photographers and I felt she was worth the price.  I love that she brings a second photographer with her!

DJ: Scott Arrington from Murray Hill Talent, A
Great price, first of all.  Scott was such a professional.  We had a brief conversation before the wedding, and he really understood everything I was saying and I didn't really have to go into detail about the songs I wanted because he just got it.  I wanted a lot of African music, and I didn't even have to give him CDs of specific artists, he just knew what to play.  People danced the WHOLE night!  Definitely recommend him!

Cake: Icing on the Cake, A+
Sooooo delicious.  They work with you to design the exact cake you want.  They are extremely clear with pricing, so there was no confusion or surprises at all.  The cake was absolutely delicious, I can't even describe!  We got the white cake with raspberry and vanilla filling.  AND, if you send them a professional photo of your cake, they give you a free cake on your anniversary.  I can't wait to eat that cake again!

Wedding Dress: La Reine, A
They are really great there.  I found an unbelivable dress at an amazing price.  I am very indecisive, and they let me come back and try it on about 5 times before I finally decided to buy it.  They had a very large selection, and I definitely think there's something for everyone there.

Tailor: Elena Bridal Studio, A
Elena's studio is in the same building as La Reine, so it was very convenient.  Her prices are great, and she does a great job.  The only thing is that I wish she had tailored the dress a little tighter and a little shorter, because I found myself stepping on the bottom during the wedding which was very annoying.

Bridesmaids Dresses: Priscilla of Boston, A-
Great selection, good staff, expensive dresses and exorbitantly expensive tailoring.  My girls did not get their dresses tailored there!

Invitations: Etsy.com, DaisiesandDoodlebugs, A
Loved how they came out and they were much cheaper than ordering them from a paper store.  The artist I worked with was so patient and didn't care if I changed my mind a million times.  Definitely recommend her!

I think that's all.  Feel free to ask me about anything.  I'm happy to offer more advice.  Happy planning!

Re: Vendor Reviews!!

• edited December 2011
    Great reviews, it sounds like you had a wonderful day!

We are getting married at Belle Mer and Carrie is my coordinator.  My assessment of her thus far is exactly like yours. The closer we are getting, the better she is.  I am really happy so far and am so happy to read your positive experience on the actual day!
  • edited December 2011
    Sounds like a great day.  I'd love to see photos of your flower arrangements.  I almost hired Fino and I love their work.
  • edited December 2011
    I'd love to see photos of the flowers as well. I just contacted FIno and would like to see what a wedding looks like.

TIA
  • edited December 2011

If you want to see pictures of the flowers, you can check out my photographer's blog at nancygould dot com.  You'll have to go back a few posts to find the Lauren & Peter/Veronique post.  Down towards the bottom are some pics of the centerpieces and you can see my bouquet too.  I realized that I forgot one, very important vendor, makeup!!!

I used Girly Junk, and I give them an A+.  Sam did my makeup.  The trial was amazing, she got it almost perfect the first time and was soooo flexible and open to making any changes I wanted.  Their prices were great, and they were a lot of fun to have around.  I HIGHLY recommend them!

So excited for you to have your wedding at Belle Mer, Summer Boston.  Our friends got married there last year, and it was so beautiful!!  You will be very happy working with Carrie!

• edited December 2011
    Oh my gosh!  You are gorgeous.  Your entire outfit/look was just perfect.  And I love the combo of purple and orange details. 
  • noodle_oonoodle_oo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  Looks like a gorgeous wedding!  Can I ask who or where you got your hair done?
  • umasskdomeumasskdome member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where did you get your shoes? I AM IN LOVE!!!!! 
  • edited December 2011
    omg you looked beautiful!! congrats
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you!  Ahh I keep forgetting these details! 

I got my hair done at a salon in Brookline called HC Studio.  My stylist was Valery.  She did a really great job; I was so happy with how it came out.  I can't say that the rest of the stylists were that good though.  It took 3 of them to do my mom's hair the way she wanted it.  But Valery was great!

I got my shoes at Shoes to Dye for on Route 9 in Framingham.  They have the biggest selection, I can't imagine not finding something there.  The shoes were white, and I had them dyed purple.  I am in love with them too.  But I definitely recommend breaking your shoes in a lot beforehand.  I didn't, and although I didn't feel them at all during the night, the next day I was in so much pain!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards