Massachusetts-Boston

Whose been to Mykonos,Greece?

Were thinking about going to Delos when we are in Mykonos but not sure if it's worth it? I'm alittle nervous about wasting our time going when there is some much other things to see. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

Re: Whose been to Mykonos,Greece?

• edited December 2011
    OMG, it's so worth it! It's the reason we went to Mykonos.

Delos is rich in history so make sure you take the tour. You can also roam around alone which we also did. Try to climb to the top of the hill, the view is amazing! The small museum on the island isn't really worth it but it's nice to get inside and away from the sun.

There aren't any trees on Delos so make sure you bring lots of sunscreen, a hat and water/snacks. It gets really hot.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    it is one of the coolest places that I have traveled to. If you enjoy archeological sites then this is a "not to be missed" one. If history/half missing ancient cities are not your idea of a good time, then you might want to spend your day elsewhere. I agree with the last post, it gets incredibly hot there....so bring water....lots of it! The hike up the hill was really nice to get a perspective of the island. I would also recommend it. 

I enjoyed the tour with the guide, you get a lot more out of the experience
  • edited December 2011
    I went with my sister to Mykonos and Delos back in 2004. Mykonos is a really fun island, lots of energy and delicious food! Delos was great. There is nothing there except the ruins of the ancient island and the museum so you have to like ancient Greek history. We were there in July! It was hot and there is no shelter from the sun. I agree with above posts. Bring water, a hat, sunblock and a snack. And don't forget your camera ;) We had a fantastic time visiting Delos.
  • rsmiles77rsmiles77 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to MykonosI in 2005....gorgeous island, and very fun! It's more of a "young" feel as far as honeymooning is concerned and the opportunity for partying/fun! There are great clubs, fun for dancing but if you aren't into that (we only did one night) there is plenty of other culture there to soak up, nice beaches, etc. My personal fave Greek island though is Santorini, if you want a romantic relaxing and BEAUTIFUL honeymoon destination!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards