Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Nonantum Resort (Maine) Brides?

Anyone having or been to a wedding there? We're exploring all options in Southern Maine, love this place, curious for feedback - thanks!

Re: Nonantum Resort (Maine) Brides?

• Options
    edited December 2011

One of my good friends got married there in April 08.  The setting was beautiful, food was good (nothing spectular, but good).

My only (somewhat) negative feedback was that the room(s) where the tables were placed felt a little disconnected.  I suppose it depends on how many people you plan to invite, but I didn't think the flow was great.  Also the table we happened to be at (though it was in the main room) was stuck in a corner next to the band, so we couldn't really see what was happening on the dance floor (first dance, father/daughter, etc).  Felt like we were straining our necks a lot. 

You might also want to check out Stage Neck Inn in York Beach. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check the York Harbor Reading room too
     www.yorkharborreading.com

I love Maine but we ended up thinking it was too far for some guests. So unfortunately it was not picked but this place is gorgeous!!!
    Oct1201212 Twins born at 34w2d, Allison, 3lb,4oz-Ethan, 4lb7oz, both 16 1/2 inches. Out of Difficulties Grow Miracles BestBuddiesBoy AprilPosseMultiLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the Reading Room, looks gorgeous on line. I've never seen before or heard of in all my research. I see you have to be a member to have a wedding though, are you a member/is that correct?

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure, I would call and check. No I am not a member but it doesn't hurt to call! My friend told me about it and I checked it out online.

If you have to be a member I guess that would be out of the question! hehe sorry!

Another venue is Arrow's (my co-worker had a beautiful wedding there and their food is wonderful!!)
    Oct1201212 Twins born at 34w2d, Allison, 3lb,4oz-Ethan, 4lb7oz, both 16 1/2 inches. Out of Difficulties Grow Miracles BestBuddiesBoy AprilPosseMultiLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards