Massachusetts-Boston

Hair and makeup person suggestion??

I have heard many times on here about special event beauty but they're booked on our date... any recommendations? I'd like someone that works especially well with extremely long hair. Also that is good with makeup of course!

I thank you for your suggestions!

Re: Hair and makeup person suggestion??

• edited December 2011
    Caitlin Murphy and Charlotte Phinney are both great. They both do hair and makeup.

ETA: Both of these vendors will also travel to you.
  • edited December 2011
    I second Caitlin Murphy!  She did my hair and makeup for our e-pics and she is a doll!  I loved my makeup but wasn't crazy about my hair.  I've booked her for our wedding though because she is very talented and I'm confident that she will do a great job.
  • edited December 2011
    I third Caitlin Murphy! I love her! I had my trial a few months ago, and I loved her work. I actually just scheduled another hair trial because my hair's longer and I want to try a half up for the wedding, rather than down and curly like she did the first time.  She's great and I would recommend her in a heartbeat to any Boston bride.  She's traveling to my venue on the day of the wedding.
    4/29/12
  • edited December 2011
    Here's who we used.  Pics and reviews in bio if you're interested

Hair - Gina Joubert
    http://www.ginajoubert.com

Makeup - Girly Junk
    http://www.girlyjunk.com
    Kristen & Matt - June 27, 2008
    We're married!

My Bio
  • edited December 2011
    I just did my engagement pics this week and Caitlin did my makeup.. I loved it so much I'm planning on that same look for my wedding day. She's really the best and a genuinely kind and lovely gal who really loves helping people look their best!
  • lindquistx33lindquistx33 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    the look and their prices are so reasonable and she does the airbrush makeup contact Christine hale 508-243-6564
  • edited December 2011
    Sarah Bortner. She's at the Athena Aveda salon on Boylston in Boston, but she does lots of wedding hair (and I think theatrical & similar work as well). I think she travels, too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards