New York-Hudson Valley

Has anyone had their fiance attend a bridal show w/ them?

I'm not sure if that's the right  term "bridal show"? The venue is where a whole bunch of vendors go to advertise their business.

Holiday Inn (In Danbury) is having one on Tuesday and I want to go but my fiance is afraid he'll show up w/ me and finds out he's the only guy.

There's got to be other men that go? It has everything from Honeymoon vendors, to dj's etc etc

What do you think?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Has anyone had their fiance attend a bridal show w/ them?

• edited December 2011
    I didnt bring mine along b/c i knew he would be miserable, but there were plenty of guys there with their fiancee's when i went.
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Photobucket image
  • edited December 2011
    i only went to one, and my FI went with me. he seemed ok with it, but he does put on a good show to make me happy so who knows lol
  • BellaSposa223BellaSposa223 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Been to 3 bridal shows and he came to one. I know he was miserable so I'd never ask him to go again. I have seen plenty of guys at them but you may have more fun with a girl friend.

Jaimie
  • edited December 2011
    My husband was VERY heavily in the planning process.  He went to 2 of the 3 shows I went to.  He kept saying "This is my day too I want some say in it."
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    He went to all of the 3 shows I went to. It's his wedding too, and we were looking for dj's, photographers, and limos at the shows which were all things that affected him. He wasn't totally psyched to be there, but he didn't get much choice.
    imageimageimage
  • ssagessage member
    edited December 2011
    I couldn't have dragged my husband to one...nor would i have wanted him there...had fun with my girlfriend!

But, I did notice guys at them...some shows had more guys than others but he will not be the only one.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Neither of us liked the bridal show too much....but FI didn't mind all the samples of cake, chocolate fondue fountain, and other food! :)
  • MYLOVE315MYLOVE315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did anyone get any good leads from these shows? Or were all your leads based from everyone here? That's the only reason I'm going to get a lead on Limos companies, Honeymoon pkgs etc

-Lee
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I found my limo company threw a show and took lots and lots of booklets on HM info to see where we wanted to go, but most of my vendors were WOM. Plus the free food was fun :)  I went with my mom and/or my MOH, we had fun
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Photobucket image
  • ssagessage member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_anyone-their-fiance-attend-bridal-show-w?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:eb5b115c-53c4-42ff-9438-6c0cfbddd500Post:7e4730bc-8652-48a5-954e-613ec9666b53">Re: Has anyone had their fiance attend a bridal show w/ them?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did anyone get any good leads from these shows? Or were all your leads based from everyone here? That's the only reason I'm going to get a lead on Limos companies, Honeymoon pkgs etc -Lee
    Posted by MYLOVE315[/QUOTE]

I  met my DJ at the first show I went to....I met my photog at the last show I went to which was also at my venue.  My venue had also given me a list of vendors but most of them are the ones at the local shows anyway.

My priest I got online, florist is local. 

I basically met with vendors and came here later for reviews, if any, but didn't only use the knot
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I know this is late. But, did you go to the show? Did your fiance go with you?

I went to a TON of shows! I loved them! FI  (now husband) went with me to two shows - once right after he bought the ring, but before he gave it to me so we weren't engaged yet. And one towards the end of planning Which was basically to say hi to our chosen vendors (and see if they were offering new packages or prices)

Every show I went to had guys there. Not a ton, but enough, and most times the MC told the crowd to give the guys a hand ad we applauded for them!

I wish I had pushed for my FI to come to one during the beginning of our engagement so we could gather info and talk to people together, but he was studying for a test. So I went and talked to all the tables and got a feel for their personalities.

Some people you can tell right away that you don't want them to be at your wedding.

So I narrowed down my picks to my top four and FI went and met with them. He like my first choice for DJ and photo and we went this them. He never met anyone else. (other than the people at the tables at the show before we got engaged)

So, if your fiance comes with you to one show he definitely gets a pat on the back. And, like girls mentioned about the free food, he might enjoy it! He also will be more aware of what goes in in planning a wedding.

GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards