Massachusetts-Boston

DIY: advice for lining things up?

I received my invitations yesterday (yay!) but I didn't realize they need to be assembled (boo!).  Good thing I ordered early.

There is a top card that has to be adhered with glue dots to the backing card.  I'm paranoid that they are all going to end up crooked and look awful.  Does anyone have any advice for how to make sure they stay straight?  I'm terrible at this kind of stuff.

Appreciate any advice!

Re: DIY: advice for lining things up?

• edited December 2011
    I'm not sure if you mean just centered and straight at the time being, or after they've gone through the mail.  If you want to see how well the glue dots will "stick" just assemble one and mail it to yourself.

Otherwise, I would just eyeball it.  No one is going to break out a measuring tape to make sure you have 1/2" on all sides.

Good luck assembling!  I'm getting my bridal party together this weekend for invitation assembly and I'm kind of nervous!
    10.10.10 Bride! Our Bio Updated 9/26
    image 129 Are ready to party! image 29 Party Poopers!
  • edited December 2011
    I agree to eyeball it, but if you are really concerned you can make a template.

Make a strip of cardboard that is the same width as you want the border to be. 
    Make two marks in one color for the outside dimensions of the first layer.  Then make two marks in a second color for the inside(2nd layer dimensions). 
    You would line the template up flush to the top layer, with your marks lined up on the sides.  Then you would place your glue dots on your second layer and lay it flush to the bottom of the card board, lined up with the inside lines on your template. 
    GP February Siggy Challenge:
    Black History Month

TTC since Feb 2012
    Diagnosed with PCOS and anovulation
    2 round clomid 1 round femara--no response
    1st round injectables/IUI 1/31---BFP! BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    get a t-square ruler
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards