Massachusetts-Boston

What did your response cards say?

So not to jinx myself, but the invitations are actually going well. Time to start the RSVP cards. I have the basic 'favor of a reply by June nineteenth' and 'will/not attend' and our website... did anyone else have something different? I feel like that was too easy!

Re: What did your response cards say?

• edited December 2011
    Mine included the meal choices and also included a line for the reception my parents are hosting in their hometown.

On other RSVPs I've seen, there are lines for attendance of the rehearsal dinner and/or day-after brunch.
  • edited December 2011
    The reply options on ours were:
    -will attend with bells on!
    -will attend, no bells
    -will attend, undecided about the bells
    -will not attend, heard there will be people wearing bells
    -will not attend regardless of the bell controversy

Needless to say, it made for some hilarious responses!  And it was realllllly fun to guess what people would say- there were a few surprises!

• Shazzie116Shazzie116 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Liv, I love it!

Ours said:

The favor of your reply is requested before December 15, 2009.

M__________________________________

________ Will Attend     _________ Will Not Attend

Please initial your meal selection:

________ NY Sirloin                ____________ Chicken Piccata

________ Barker Swordfish  

Please note any food allergies on the back of this card.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!

Liv, I saw that a while ago and I wanted to do it! But it won't fit on the card I have... I'm not messing around with these as long as they just PRINT!
  • edited December 2011
    Everyone of our guests is going to be from out of town since we are having the wedding on the Cape, and we are putting together OOT bags, so we included a line that read
    Tell us where you are staying:

So we would know where to bring the OOT bags - we had room blocks at 3 hotels, and gave a list of other hotels that people could stay at so we wanted to make sure we left something for everyone who travelled for us.
  • edited December 2011
    Liv---AMAZING!!!

I have no reason to be doing response cards (yet) but I do have a question.   Has anyone come up with any way of preventing people putting extra guests.  Example....no children invited yet you get a rsvp back for 4 people instead of 2??  I know, I know your supposed to call and explain that you couldn't invite everyone ...etc...but I hate confrontation. 
    169 image 59 image 8 image 102 image ** RSVP Date: May 28th **
  • edited December 2011
    You can put something like
    "____ seats have been reserved in your honor"
    or
    "___ out of ___ will attend"

and fill in the spaces where you are allowing the number of guests included in the invite.
  • edited December 2011
    We did the basic reply card with menu choices and another card with what hotel they are staying at and if they will use our charter bus.
    GP February Siggy Challenge:
    Black History Month

TTC since Feb 2012
    Diagnosed with PCOS and anovulation
    2 round clomid 1 round femara--no response
    1st round injectables/IUI 1/31---BFP! BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm doing the basic will/will not attend, then I am adding an extra line to check if you will utilize the hotel shuttle. I want to make sure I have enough seats for people and no one has to drive.
  • edited December 2011
    omg liv, that is amazing! did you come up with that yourself??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    liv...we did something v. similar b/c my H and I always use the line "we'll be there with bells on" :) we also got some great responses from our guests for song suggestions as well...some totally out of the blue, others we used to help build our band's play list.

Here's how the RSVP card read:

We look forward to celebrating with you!
    Kindly reply on or before XXXX

Name(s) _______________________
    Yes! I'll be there with bells on!
    No, sorry, can't find my bells.

Suggest a song to be played at our reception _______________________

• edited December 2011
    thanks ladies!  wish i could take credit for it but i found it on some site.  can't remember which one!
  • edited December 2011
    My sister recieved a wedding invitation recently and the response cards had "Can't Wait! / Can't Make It"...I loved that and I'm thinking of doing something along that line for my response cards!
  • edited December 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards