Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Our musicians didn't show up for wedding yesterday!

We had hired a flute/guitar duo to play at our ceremony yesterday and they didn't show up or call to explain! Thank god I had thought ahead to put songs on the Ipod for the rehersal. We used that instead. Not the same effect as what I was hoping for.
We've called them twice and sent an email and haven't heard back.... I will post the name in a day or so if I don't hear back with a damn good excuse....

Re: Our musicians didn't show up for wedding yesterday!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG!  I'm so happy you guys were prepared and you didn't let this ruin your day.  I honestly think there is no good excuse for at LEAST not calling to cancel even last minute.  Wow.
    10.10.10 Bride! Our Bio Updated 9/26
    image 129 Are ready to party! image 29 Party Poopers!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh no! That's awful! I'm glad you had the songs on iPod, but that's definitely not the same as the live musicians you expected to have. I really hope they get in touch with you to explain what happened.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Where did you hire them from if you don't mind me asking?
  • Options
    edited December 2011

That's terrible, but really good thinking on your part with the ipod! I'm sending you a PM since I have hired the same type of duo and now I'm nervous!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What are their names? I would totally start a smear campaign!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @JHolt1287- I found them online and also saw them listed on the Gigmasters site...

@Celadorr- I will certainly tell the world about them if I don't hear back from them and will file a small claims suit to get my money back. God forbid they got in a car accident or something- I don't want to be ruining their business. BUT, they still should have contacted us by now.

@Karen's MOH- I sent you a message back.
  • Options
    noodle_oonoodle_oo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh no, that's awful!  I hope it is not the group I'm thinking of.  Did you confirm with them the week of the wedding to make sure they'd be there?  I hope they 1) have a good excuse and 2) refund your money, no questions asked!  That's awful!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This was a fear of mine for my wedding day. Good thing you had a backup!  Still, the stress and panic you must have felt. I am so sorry!  I am sure you will work out a refund from the group.
  • Options
    jkeprosjkepros member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, no!!!  That is terrible!  It is so great that you had a back-up though.  (I definitely didn't think of that). 

How was the rest of your wedding?  I hope that was the only thing that went wrong!
    Yay! Finally able to update my signature :)
    by Shannon Sorensen Photography
    My hubby & I rock the frock.
    Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They called my husband this morning... he said she sounded totally horrified and said she would mail us a refund asap. Apparently they've been on vacation and it got deleted off their calendar...
    *sigh*

That was probably the only thing that really went wrong, so thats good!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    wait.. didnt you check in with them a few days before? did you mail them music? etc?

I would suggest including their name in your review here... you can include their explanation but I think this is a major concern for other brides using them...

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG what a pitiful excuse!! As professionals they should be more cautious! I would be spilling blood (especially as a former lawyer). I'm also eager to hear who they were since we are looking to hire something similar for the ceremony and would love to steer clear of them!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio/Blog 151 Invitedimage 108 Yes!image 22 No :-(image 21 Are turning me into a bridezilla!image RSVP Date Sept. 16
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @Starmusica- I have been in contact with them a bunch of times over the last couple weeks and the most recent contact was Thursday evening. It was a confirmation of the songs they would play and a copy of the ceremony. That should have been sufficient.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Arlin- I agree. If you talked to them Thursday that calendar excuse is NOT enough. Honestly- I think that they sound incredibly unprofessional. When you do vendor reviews... dont be shy. I think other brides here should know who these people were so they can steer clear.

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Options
    megandjaymegandjay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is terrible! I would also review them on Wedding Wire, since those stick longer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards