New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Do New Rochelle Hotels Offer Affordable Rates for Groups (and shuttles)?

Hi,
I'm considering a wedding reception in  New Rochelle at one of the waterfront venues. I would be having a lot of out of town guests so I was wondering if anyone stayed in the local New Rochelle hotels and what kinds of rates they got there? Also, do any of the hotels provide shuttles to the reception areas?

Thank you!

Re: Do New Rochelle Hotels Offer Affordable Rates for Groups (and shuttles)?

• Options
    edited December 2011

I work right next door to the Radission in New Rochelle - i have never stayed there but I have heard that it is a dump. and honsetly it doesnt even look like a hotel it looks like an office building. I know someone who recently got married in New Rochelle on the waterfront and they used the Crowne Plaza in White Plains because none on of the New Rochelle hotels offer shuttle buses. I also have rooms blocked off at the Crowne Plaza but my wedding is at the Villa Barone in Mahopac. They are giving me a 24 passenger shuttle bus for $700. Im sure they could give you a better rate since your reception is closer.
    Good luck!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I had an absolutely terrible experience w/ Crowne Plaza WP and do not recommend them whatsover.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There's also the Marriot at New Roc city... I dont know if they offer any discounts but I am also getting married at one of the waterfront venues in new ro (the greentree to be exact) so I will be looking into both the Marriot and Raddison. I had some friends stay at the Raddison for a wedding last year and they did not have any complaints
    October 2011 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    xtina_824xtina_824 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using the Raddison for my wedding block in April. I went there and looked at the rooms myself and they were really nice, I def don't think it's a dump. The lobby was nice too and they gave me a decent rate (def negotiate). (It's also only 5 mins from my venue). GL
    BabyFruit TickerWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i got married in new ro and used the crowne plaza. great hotel. we use them for pretty much every time anyone comes into town. i was not impressed by the radisson at all even though it was much closer. the building itself was nice, but the people there stunk. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Is a reasonable rate per room under $150? A lot of my guests may have to stay two nights so I want it as affordable as possible.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi! As far as the room rate you need to know the budget limits of your guests.

Our rate was $125. My sister said that was high, but i reminded her that for her wedding (5 years ago!) I paid $129 after tax and fees, so I didn't feel $125 was bad.

We went to a wedding recently that had three hotels listed Two were listed as "luxurious" and were priced at $239 and $259. The other hotel (the one that had a shuttle) was $99 a night.

We booked late and the $99 one was full, so we stayed at one nearby that was $149 for the night. And it was fine. Actually, it was very nice! We didn't need to pay for the luxury in the center of it all.

How would you feel if the hotel that is listed for a wedding had a "deal" rate of $150? And also, where are the majority of your guests coming from. City folk will think $150 is a bargain, but someone from the mid-west may not.

Maybe see if you could offer another hotel option at a different rate?

As far as the shuttle, I am no help on New Rochelle, but as pp said if Crowne Plaza is giving her a shuttle for $700 - that's a great deal!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used the marriot in New Roc City and they gave us a huge discount and upgraded our room for free... When we walked in they handed us a business card for a shuttle...I will get the # for you if you are interested, it was a SUV and he was $100 each way, it didnt matter how many trips it took, He was worth it
    Photobucket
  • Options
    xtina_824xtina_824 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The rate I got for the Raddison was under $150. After I negotiated, it's closer to $100/ night.
    BabyFruit TickerWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Renaissance in Harrison gave me $119/night.

No shuttles though
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards