Massachusetts-Boston

Stay away from Picture Story Weddings photography! A cautionary tale...

Hey Girls,

I know I've been totally MIA since my wedding - but we've had so much going on that it's hard to find the time to post.

I do however feel compelled to warn brides about Jonathan Hill @ Picture Story Weddings.

We were married almost 3 months ago and we have yet to receive our DVD of images. We didn't order an album or any prints that could take extra time; it was literally just a DVD of pictures.

Ontop of his inability to fulfill his end of our contract, he is completely horrible to try to get a hold of. We have called countless times, left messages and sent emails on a weekly basis to try to get any information out of him and he has NEVER responded to any communication. Even the week before our wedding I couldn't get a hold of him to set a schedule for the day. We had a back-up photographer on speed-dial incase he didn't show! That's how worried we were about him.

At the wedding, he said in 2 weeks we should have a DVD. 2 WEEKS!

I've read reviews of girls who ordered albums from him as a part of their package and have waited OVER A YEAR to get their pictures!

I really wish I had taken the time to check him out more thoroughly and had someone to warn me about PSW and his terrible business practices, so if this helps a bride find a photographer who will give them the attention and respect they deserve, then I'll be happy.

Whew - that was long!

Thanks for reading if you've made it this far!

Re: Stay away from Picture Story Weddings photography! A cautionary tale...

• csun060797csun060797 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, I'm sorry.  I just went onto his website.  His pricing page states that he is no longer taking new clients. YIKES.  It also says to contact hime through the contact section of the webstie.  Thank you for the information and I am so sorry that this has happened.  I hope he responds soon and that you get your DVD so you don't have to deal with this stress. 
  • sunshine1084sunshine1084 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh my gosh! I hadn't even looked at this site recently!

I'm so glad he won't be taking any new clients! Hopefully this won't effect us getting the DVD though :/

Thanks for the info!
  • edited December 2011
    I would go to his place of business and wait.........and then hound him and don't leave until you have your pictures. Good luck
  • edited December 2011
    what a horrible person! the last thing you need to worry about on your wedding day is wondering if a vendor will show up-especially the photographer. I hope you get your DVD soon-good luck and keep hounding him.
  • megandjaymegandjay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Other brides on here have complained about him too.

You might want to go on Project Wedding and Wedding Wire where you can leave reviews for other brides.

For yourself, was the time frame in the contract? If so, you could contact Better Business Bureau and make a complaint too. I don't think that will help you get your pics, but maybe protect others from his shady business practices.

I agree wth other posters- go to his work and keep hounding him!
  • edited December 2011
    I just saw these posts.  We too have been trying to get our pictures from PSW.  It has been about 6 months since our wedding, and we have received nothing.  And now he has removed most content from his website.  Has anyone out there found some way of getting their photos from Jonathan Hill?  We cannot get any response from him.  I have an address for him in Londonderry NH, but I suspect he does most of his business online.  Has anyone had any success in visiting his place of business?
  • RBMR07RBMR07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am going on FOUR YEARS and have yet to receive my album from this loser. It's a shame...he's a talented photographer but his business practices are SHAMEFUL. We're working on a law suit at the moment.
  • edited December 2011
    We, too, were married 6 months ago and after multiple emails, phone calls, and letters - crickets.  Today I went on his site to check for new activity and I can no longer log into our pictures.  I know he does not have a business location outside his home, and I know as of January 2010 he still owns the home in Londonderry (we checked public records). 

I would love to give Mr. Hill the benefit of the doubt (perhaps there's an extended illness?) but with no response we are forced into legal action as well.  It takes 10 minutes to burn a DVD and is easily outsourced to a 3rd grader if needed.

I fear adverse selection on this topic, but if anyone has found a better way to get pictures back, please advise!
  • edited December 2011
    We used Johnathan as well for our October, 2009 wedding and went through the same thing you are going through.  He never called or returned e-mails before the wedding and the week before I was trying to figure out what to do when he finally responded to an e-mail.  I went until 2 days before Christmas 2009 before getting the DVD that we purchased and I believe the only reason I did was because I told him I would contact a lawyer if I didn't.  Sometimes the only way to get what you paid for is to threaten...right?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards