Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Rave - I can see!!!

So, I've been a glasses-wearer all my life...I've always been weary of contacts as I hate things going near my eyes.  However this week I swallowed my fear, went to a new eye doctor (who I *LOVED* btw) and got contacts for the first time ever.  I am so happy that I'll be able to see without my specs on my wedding dayyyy! :)

Re: Rave - I can see!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  Have you considered lasik?  I had it done a couple years ago, and I LOVE being able to see w/out glasses/contacts.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's a great feeling. I've been wearing contacts since 8th grade and just got Lasik done about a month ago. Best thing I ever did-- it's amazing. I'm psyched that when I go to the beach or pool I will be able to see without worrying about my contacts washing out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's such a big difference without glasses.

I also had Lasik done 2 years ago. Hands down, best decision so far.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats congrats!!! Isn't it the oddest feeling! I went about a month ago and got contacts. Ive worn them once in 5 years. I am trying to now do it once a week! We want the hubbies to see our eyes properly on the big day right? :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good for you!! I've been in contacts since I was 13 and I couldn't live without them!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  I've been in glasses since 1st grade and contacts since 8th - it is so nice to be able to switch back and forth b/w contacts and glasses.

Great to hear all the positives on lasik - I went for the pre-screening and they want me to wait a couple more years but I can't stop thinking about it and how much I want to get it done! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards