New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Hotel Blocks near New Rochelle

I'm getting married at Glen Island Harbour Club, and I'm trying to figure out the best place to block rooms. I searched the archives of this board and found a complaint about the Crowne Plaza in White Plains but not much else.
Any tips?
Photobucket

Re: Hotel Blocks near New Rochelle

• Options
    edited December 2011
    There is :

Ramada in New Rochelle
    Courtyard Marriot in Rye
    Rye Town Hilton
    Renaissance Hotel in White Plains
    Part of That World Blog
    my read shelf:Jennifer (JSweetieXO) Cepero's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    xtina_824xtina_824 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's also the Radisson in New Rochelle. That's where I'm using.
    BabyFruit TickerWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jeanna85jeanna85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks, i looked at the radisson because its so close but i wasnt sure if it would be too expensive for my guests (although i realize that the area in general is expensive).

xtina- how much did they quote you per room if you dont mind me asking?
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i used the crowne plaza in white plains. not sure what complaint you saw but they are excellent there and i couldn't have been happier with them. i looked into the radisson in new rochelle but they had an attitude problem and couldn't care less about getting my business so i didn't pursue it further.
  • Options
    jeanna85jeanna85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Psichick: This review was posted by Knottie SJSphish. So you can see why I would be weary lol. Glad to hear you had a good experience there, and your wedding was more recent than this other poster. I will definitely give them a call, thanks!

Hotel - The Crowne Plaza, White Plains: F -. This was the one black mark on our wedding day. Thank goodness it really did not affect anything and I was able to let it not bother me but wow, we had issue after issue after issues after issue and I cannot in good conscience recommend this hotel to anyone, not even as a guest, let alone to block your wedding group there. We had a more than pleasnt experience dealing with them leading up to the wedding day. But from the moment I checked in before rehearsal dinner (Thurs at noon) until the minute we checked out after our wedding (sat morning) we had nothing but one nightmare upon another. For starters, they never handed out our memo about shuttle bus info for the wedding upon check in like they said they would. So no one had any clue about the bus and tons of people ended up drivign though they had not planned on it. So essentially it was a waste of money to book such a large shuttle. Second, they did not hand out the hotel welcome bags I made like I paid them to do. When I complained, I was told that guests had to call room service once they arrived in their rooms to ask for the bag to be delivered. Fine! Except one small problem. The front desk wasn't tellign guests they were supposed to call up for their bags so we made tons of bags and spent all that money and they were never delivered. Moreover, they promised our bridesmaids and groomsmen early check in on the day of the wedding b/c we would be leaving before normal check in time for photos and woul dnot return until late in the evening. Yet, when the time came, they were not permitted to do so. So, just to be sure, my girls/boys called from the limo on the way to photos to advise the hotel that they would be checking in late that evening and not to give away their rooms. Despite this, when we arrived after the wedding was over and people tried to check in, they were told "woops, sorry, but we gave your room away." So two of my bridesmaids had to sleep in a parlor room of a suite on a pull out couch as that was "all that was left." To add insult to injury, when they get up to the room, the pull out was broken!!!! AHHH.My husband, mother and I have all called to complain (along with several other guests) and, almost one week later, I am still waiting for a return phone call.Further, when we complained to the front desk lady upon check out, she laughed in our faces! When we asked to speak to a manager she said she was the manager. When we did not back down and asked to speak to someone else, miraculously, a manager appeared and advised us that said front desk lady is not management at all.I AM STLL INFURIATED WITH THE LEVEL OF SERVICE AND ABSOLUTELY ATROCIOUS TREATMENT WE RECEIVED. For the love of god, do not stay at this hotel!!!!! 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used the Radisson for blocks before and the front desk staff repeatedly and I mean REPEATEDLY did not give my guests the rate we agreed on. I had guests asking me if my rate on my website was correct etc etc I was pissed!! (This went on for over 4 months btw even after I confronted them numerous times)

The Renaissance is where I am doing my wedding and I have done events and room blocks there before. The whole hotel staff gets an A+++ they will do anything and everything you ask of them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    xtina_824xtina_824 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jeanna- They originally quoted me like $139/night, but I got them down to $109 which I thought was much more reasonable. I also contacted the Crown Plaza and they were around the same price, however, if I had guests stay there I would make sure to have a shuttle (which they do) but it's like $500 for 1 pickup and 1 dropoff which I thought was ridiculous. Our reception is at Greentree so the Radisson was much closer (5 mins away).
    BabyFruit TickerWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jeanna85jeanna85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_hotel-blocks-near-new-rochelle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:fc6a9514-0f15-4bb6-bb44-3436709fdae7Post:c54c7b84-7dc6-49f3-94a6-950951a0210f">Re: Hotel Blocks near New Rochelle</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jeanna- They originally quoted me like $139/night, but I got them down to $109 which I thought was much more reasonable. I also contacted the Crown Plaza and they were around the same price, however, if I had guests stay there I would make sure to have a shuttle (which they do) but it's like $500 for 1 pickup and 1 dropoff which I thought was ridiculous. Our reception is at Greentree so the Radisson was much closer (5 mins away).
    Posted by xtina_824@yahoo.com[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info! They quoted $149 to me today which is outrageous and more expensive than expedia and other travel sites are giving me! I'm definitely going to try to bargain with them before booking anything.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Alyssa1212Alyssa1212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding is in New Rochelle and I've been looking at room blocks as well. We narrowed it down to Rye Town Hilton & Crowne Plaza. I'm a bit surprised to hear about the neg reviews, because the people who I have been talking with seem very knowledgeable and professional. I think we are going to go with the Crowne Plaza purely because of the location. It is more centrally located, with the Westchester mall, restaurants, and shops nearby. If someone forgot a pair of socks, they can easily walk to the mall and pick up a pair. The Rye Town Hilton seems fine as well, maybe even a bit prettier then the Crown Plaza (I got the resort feel after going there) but it isn't located near anything. It is about 5 miles from downtown, so guests without a car would be kinda stuck at the hotel. Plus, we are looking to do a dinner the night before the wedding, so for all of the out of town guests, it would be easier for them to walk from the Crown Plaza, or take one of their complementary shuttles to the restaurant. 

I have a quick question for you guys. Since it seems that quite a few of us will be having our wedding in New Rochelle, any ideas about shuttle companies? The Crown Plaza quotes us at $600 for a 24 person shuttle (round trip), but I feel as if this will not be enough for us, plus I feel as if the price isn't that competitive. Any suggestions for shuttle bus companies that you ladies are thinking of using? 

Thanks!! :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards