Wedding Etiquette Forum

Bridesmaid dress fitting at bride's fitting?

2»

Re: Bridesmaid dress fitting at bride's fitting?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_bridesmaid-dress-fitting-brides-fitting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:011ac6b6-13b4-4611-9a9e-9d48cf0e1fa3Post:e81f4ca8-0e52-4e1d-8fa9-b2b7a43ed4c2">Re: Bridesmaid dress fitting at bride's fitting?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bridesmaid dress fitting at bride's fitting? : It only took 15 min J&K?!  I was in my dress for an hour and a half.  Mind you I am having it rebuild so it's a good deal of work, but still.  
    Posted by NCV2[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>My fitting took about 10-15 minutes.  Of which about 2 minutes was pinning the hem and the other time was the ladies trying to convince me I should try on veils.  I did and still decided again getting one.</div>

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • My mom and I had our fittings at the same time.  I think it took a half hour for both of us - only one seamstress.

I think the OP thinks her fitting is supposed to be like SYTTD.  Yeah, it's not.  TV does not equal real life.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Waiting to meet the baby broccoli on 5/5/2013!
  • I actually *liked* doing a fitting together with 3 of my bridesmaids. It was the first time I got to see us all together in our dresses.
  • I don't see why or how this would be a problem. It is an extremely mundane "event" and having my BMs there would be nice. Mine won't be bc of distance. Why make extra trips to the bridal salon????
  • Habs2HartHabs2Hart member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited April 2011
    Ya... so not a big deal.  Actually, the alterations dept at my bridal salon was so not glamorous at all.  I barely fit in my little box with my dress.  ya... SYTTD aint reality.

oh, and GOOD LUCK!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_bridesmaid-dress-fitting-brides-fitting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:011ac6b6-13b4-4611-9a9e-9d48cf0e1fa3Post:e81f4ca8-0e52-4e1d-8fa9-b2b7a43ed4c2">Re: Bridesmaid dress fitting at bride's fitting?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bridesmaid dress fitting at bride's fitting? : It only took 15 min J&K?!  I was in my dress for an hour and a half.  Mind you I am having it rebuild so it's a good deal of work, but still.  
    Posted by NCV2[/QUOTE]

Yeah, she actually didn't even really pin it (except the hem) but she used dress clips to clip in the sides and the straps.  I was nervous that there would be no way she would get it accurately fitted, but she did. 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards