Wedding Etiquette Forum

Confessions?

Is this just superfluous now that we have KPS? Something needs to liven up the board so PLEASE post some secrets.

Re: Confessions?

• I can't wait for Mother's Day so I can actually spend some time AWAY from my child. Mommy needs some me time this week.
  • I confess I haven't posted a KPS at all.

I'm also hungry and undecided on lunch.  Bah.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • I love to watch Vampire Diary's on CW....and just bought the book...
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • I confess I haven't posted a KPS either.  I meant to but just haven't.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I haven't either, and I haven't even read most of them. I also thought it was really funny that NIghtsprite got so up in arms over the idea that AFSB might post fake secrets like it was some sort of holy order that could not be vandalized. 

For the record, nobody actually posted anything. It was just funny how serious she took it. 
  • I've put on 10 lbs since the wedding.  I weighed myself yesterday.

I think it was that push I needed to get back into the gym.  I feel gross.
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0134b91a-9962-485d-a10d-7f5d9858df94Post:78c58335-d8da-4350-a3f8-9b71e0c1d6b1">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love to watch Vampire Diary's on CW....and just bought the book...
    Posted by stinkerbell6879[/QUOTE]

Damon!  ::swoon::
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    2013 Books Read 11/52
    my read shelf:
    Lauren (SnShne322)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0134b91a-9962-485d-a10d-7f5d9858df94Post:57401130-d8ef-4766-99fd-1caf7537d064">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I haven't either, and I haven't even read most of them. I also thought it was really funny that NIghtsprite got so up in arms over the idea that AFSB might post fake secrets like it was some sort of holy order that could not be vandalized.  For the record, nobody actually posted anything. It was just funny how serious she took it. 
    Posted by buddhagouda[/QUOTE]

Huh.  That changes my theory on some of the fake ones.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • I've sent in two KPS(s?).

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0134b91a-9962-485d-a10d-7f5d9858df94Post:2a987fd9-8558-4561-ac4c-14039b6942f0">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions? : Damon!  ::swoon::
    Posted by SnShne322[/QUOTE]
    Both of the brother's! :::::SWOON::::::
    2011-2012 Races
  • I confess that I'm actually getting tired of there being so many threads on here that starts with "KPS."

Other than that, I confess that I'm really starting to overrthink the floorplan for our venue. We aren't having a separate space for cocktail hour, and I'm realizing that I've never been to a wedding that had cocktail hour amongst all of the tables and such. I'm trying to picture people navigating around our two really, really long tables, and it's making me nervous.
  • I sent some to KPS.  Surprised
    CRAFTY ME

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I also confess that I am not at all stressed about the wedding, and I am honestly surprised at how stressed out people get.  I thought I'd get to a point where I'd go "Oh, now I see why you're freaking out", but... nope, not yet at least.
  • I sent one KPS...
    2011-2012 Races
  • I haven't sent in any KPS either.
  • I confess I started smoking again.  I SUCK. 

I also confess that I'm taking the family out to dinner tonight because I don't feel like cooking dinner. 
  • Poli, people will likely just go find their seats and relax.

I confess that I broke my addiction to lurking on AFSB 3 months ago.  Phew!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0134b91a-9962-485d-a10d-7f5d9858df94Post:5415efb5-399c-4095-b639-42a44dfd8ed9">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I confess that I'm actually getting tired of there being so many threads on here that starts with "KPS."</strong> Other than that, I confess that I'm really starting to overrthink the floorplan for our venue. We aren't having a separate space for cocktail hour, and I'm realizing that I've never been to a wedding that had cocktail hour amongst all of the tables and such. I'm trying to picture people navigating around our two really, really long tables, and it's making me nervous.
    Posted by polichik[/QUOTE]

Ditto this. I wonder if we could have a daily KPS thread for any and all discussions, like today would be KPS 5/6. It's hard to keep up with all the crossover discussions sometimes.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Sometimes I say things like "This girl I know said/did THIS" and it's really something oneof you said/did on here, haha. It would be pretty embarrassing as a guy to be like "OOOH one of my knotties just got back from vacay there and said it was super fun!"
  • I've been around so long that I forget that some people are actually planning weddings. It always makes me double take when a name I recognize posts about wedding planning. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0134b91a-9962-485d-a10d-7f5d9858df94Post:1cbd19b9-9351-4100-9ef1-f21769e90788">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Poli, people will likely just go find their seats and relax. I confess that I broke my addiction to lurking on AFSB 3 months ago.  Phew!
    Posted by danieliza1127[/QUOTE]

<div>It's because we're boring now, isn't it? Stupid Caribbean robbing us of any good new blood. </div>
  • i confess that i just had lunch and still went and got a cookie and chips from Potbelly's.  Fail.  I'm just so damn hungry all the time.  :(

My Bio Updated 4/6/10
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:0134b91a-9962-485d-a10d-7f5d9858df94Post:d34261e6-0320-42f2-8c0a-8072efabac91">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sometimes I say things like "This girl I know said/did THIS" and it's really something oneof you said/did on here, haha. It would be pretty embarrassing as a guy to be like <strong>"OOOH one of my knotties just got back from vacay there and said it was super fun!"
    </strong>Posted by brosonhubman[/QUOTE]

Confession: This just made me snort. Loudly. At work. In our small office.
  • I don't tell anyone I have "friends" on The Knot/Nest even though I have met a few and are IRL friends now with some.

"How do you know that person?"
    "Through wedding stuff"

It works.
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • danieliza1127danieliza1127 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited May 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0134b91a-9962-485d-a10d-7f5d9858df94Post:15b48911-aa9f-47c1-a7f7-940070fd5a00">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions? : It's because we're boring now, isn't it? Stupid Caribbean robbing us of any good new blood. 
    Posted by buddhagouda[/QUOTE]

Well yes and no.  The lack of new blood made it really feel more and more like a private board of friends posting, so lurking and not feeling comfortable chiming in and saying anything just started to lose it's appeal and feel kind of stupid.  Plus Noisy uses flickr and I can't see that at work, so with no cute pics of Will, what's the point really?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0134b91a-9962-485d-a10d-7f5d9858df94Post:d34261e6-0320-42f2-8c0a-8072efabac91">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sometimes I say things like "This girl I know said/did THIS" and it's really something oneof you said/did on here, haha. It would be pretty embarrassing as a guy to be like "OOOH one of my knotties just got back from vacay there and said it was super fun!"
    Posted by brosonhubman[/QUOTE]

I do this, and I am a girl.  ;)  I think it's just easier to say friend then to say, "this one girl on this internet community board that I frequent" 
  • Kiki, that's one of the wonderful things about going to Vegas!

I confess I think the lab sent back the wrong DNA test results for Max. This monster CAN'T be 25% dachshund and 12.5% lab. They estimate his adult weight to be below what it is at 7 months. That's not my crazy boy! But, it does explain the crazy.

I also confess that I really scared myself when I fell twice Saturday night. From the falls, but also because I didn't want the other people in the restaurant to think I was drunk (nada to drink).
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • I confess I have no clue who any of you are.  I only recognize a few SNs.  I feel like a newb.
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Shiit you guys dont waste time!

I confess that Ive been eating for shiit lately... as in not enough at all. Sometimes just cause, but on the weekend so that I can drink more beer. I know its really bad and I preach at people not to, but i dont care. Im losing, and not muscle, so i have no desire to bother changing what im doing.
  • I'm tired of all the KPS threads too. There should seriously be a sticky for it.

This isn't really a confession since it's not a big secret around the house or anything, but I'm loving all the time I'm getting to spend at home alone since my H has started working his 2-11 shift. Ever since we've met, he's always gotten off  (of work) before me, so I haven't had alone time in a LONG time. He used to always be around. While I don't really like him having to work until 11 pm, I like being able to sit on the couch and watch TV, etc. by myself.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards