Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Maid of Honor Dilemma

When I got engaged I asked my future sister in law to be my Maid of Honor. I love her to death and she is going to be an amazing Maid of Honor. The dilemma is my best friend was very upset that she isn't my Maid of Honor. I don't know why I didn't decide to have two maids of honor. She's been so great. So helpful. I want to ask her to also be my Maid of Honor. How can I do this in a way that tells her I'm sorry and I want you to be my Maid of Honor. She and my future sister in law DO NOT get along. But I know they will both swallow their pride and do a great job for me. I really hope I can fix this and keep everyone happy. Help, please.

Re: Maid of Honor Dilemma

• Options
    To me there is very little separating a MOH from a BM, so I think that having hurt feelings over such a small distinction is kind of silly. However, if it is that important to YOU, just tell her that it hasn't previously occurred to you that you could have two MOHs and now that you know and have considered it, you'd love to have them both.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_maid-of-honor-dilemma?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:014c9d1f-43f3-4994-bbcc-2a123da92dd3Post:5111ef7a-2432-413a-aeaa-7c3d9728a54f">Re:Maid of Honor Dilemma</a>:
    [QUOTE]To me there is very little separating a MOH from a BM, so I think that having hurt feelings over such a small distinction is kind of silly. However, if it is that important to YOU, just tell her that it hasn't previously occurred to you that you could have two MOHs and now that you know and have considered it, you'd love to have them both.
    Posted by daveANDkristen[/QUOTE]

<div>All of this. </div>
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    same here.  I have three MOH because they are all close to me.  People may think it's nuts, but they are all my best friends, so I picked all of them :)

June 1, 2013 - finally making it official!

• Options
    Ditto daveANDkristen.

I had three bridesmaids and no MOH because I couldn't pick.
  • Options
    I agree that you could ask her without it being weird, but is it just because she is upset. I sort of feel like if she would be upset at being a bm instead of moh she will still be upset if she is not the one to stand closest to you, or sign the license, or give the speech (basically all the moh things that you would have to decide how you wanted that divided). So if you are only asking her to avoid her being upset, you might just be setting yourself up for more issues.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards