Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

KUI??? Anyone else

Just wondering.....

We just got back from our friend's house.  As sad and imposing as this seems we called our couple friend who's wife  is 39 weeks preganant and told her we were coming over for dinner (at 8pm to boot). I think we all thought we would all do seperate things for V-day.. But in the end we just wanted to do our normal sunday thing.   We  bought food, DH and her DH cooked the food and it was a great V-day.  I think because we  (the 8 of us - or more sometimes) always have sunday dinner together we rathered just do our normal thing.

I might not have gotten flowers or a fancy meal at an over priced restaurant,, but I hung out with my friends just like I do every Sunday night and well, that was  the greatest V-day as far as I'm concerned.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 

Re: KUI??? Anyone else

• Options
    Off to dinner. We're planning on getting there early so we can get a drink at the bar first. Then we have a muscato in the fridge to crack open when we get home!
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Mmmm moscato... that is my latest wine obsession.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    I only had 1 drink at dinner, but I'm about to open a bottle of champagne. FI has homework to finish, so I am watching Cheaters. Great V-day show haha.
    FI and I agreed to not do anything big for today, but he rescinded without telling me and got me a new laptop! Mine just died last week while I was writing my research proposal. I'm excited, but all I got him was fancy chocolate. Oops.
  • Options
    I'm late to the game but we just got home from dinner. I had a pretty awesome martini. We've had a weird but good Valentines day
  • Options
    I'm sipping on a glass of Merlot.  I've been stuck in a car with my mom and my little brother for the last 48 hours.  I need a drink! 

I'm at a Hyatt in Oklahoma City.  Fun times.  I'll be home tomorrow. :)

Anyway, I missed you biitches way more than I want to admit.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_kui-anyone-else-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:017df3eb-2db2-4031-aaa9-53c474638e74Post:0e4c8e3a-1473-4a5e-abd1-78e8cf2c24fd">Re: KUI??? Anyone else</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: KUI??? Anyone else : dani??? Is that you??  It's Sunday night... wth are you doing here?
    Posted by lyndausvi[/QUOTE]

Yep it was me!  My H and I went to a movie and then to our favorite dive bar, so when we got home I was just messing around on the internet while he was outside doing something to his truck.  :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards