New York-New York City

Moran's Chelsea - Exceptional reception venue

Moran’s was a perfect venue for our wedding reception for many reasons: it has a friendly atmosphere, excellent food and drink, extremely friendly staff and the best event coordinator/manager you could wish for, Tom Murphy.

From the moment we first met Tom I think I knew that Moran’s was where I wanted to hold our wedding reception.  Tom is very straight talking, none of the typical NYC “fluff” and he made it clear very early on that he would have everything covered on the wedding day and in safe hands.  Everytime we met Tom he was very professional, courteous and although he’s obviously a very busy man, he fit us in even when we turned up unannounced.

Over the months we worked with Tom on our wedding, he showed flexibility (we changed the table arrangement many times and completed the reception in a rather odd order), willingness to go above and beyond (he entertained specific requests for Australian wine and a specific signature cocktail from Australia) and shared his experience which allowed us to develop, with him, the best reception we would have hoped for (in fact better!).

As the wedding drew closer, Tom kindly allowed us to store items at Moran’s (we made our own centerpieces, place names etc) and he also dealt with enquiries from other members of the wedding party such as my Mum!  Tom was even gracious enough to work with our wedding day planner and ensure that they fulfilled their duties as well.

On the day of the wedding Tom and his staff were beyond wonderful.  Everyone was looked after extremely well and he even had a team charged with completing our photo guest book for us - way beyond the call of duty, but immensely appreciated.  He ran everything like clockwork, dealt with anything thrown his way (we had a birthday cake to present and had to present it earlier than expected - the cake Moran’s produced was amazing) and all our guests kept commenting on how much they enjoyed the food and location of the reception.  

Looking back on our wedding day now, I still find it astounding that we were able to find a reception location in the middle of Manhattan, at an extremely reasonable price and with such a great team of people (and great food!).

I can’t recommend Moran’s to anyone enough - Tom and his staff go above and beyond what you would expect and it’s because of their efforts that our wedding reception was the amazing success it was.  Truly exceptional.

Re: Moran's Chelsea - Exceptional reception venue

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards