New York-New York City

Flower question from a newbie...

Hello there ladies! 

Congratulations on all your upcoming weddings!

I'm actually posting looking for some help for a friend.  She's getting married in October and she has asked me to help her with the flowers.  We contacted a florist that she loves, and we got quotes for bouquets and boutonnieres.  She has asked me if the prices are reasonable and I just don't know!  We live in Brooklyn and when my DH and I got married we did it upstate and very cheaply.  A friend of mine made my bouquet with wildflowers that I ordered wholesale so I really don't know what's reasonable! 

If you could, please let me know if these prices are reasonable or if you think they're a little steep.  I really appreciate the help!

bride's bouquet:$150
bridesmaid's bouquets (3): $90/each
wrist corsages (3): $30/each
groom's boutonniere: $25
groomsmen's boutonniere's (3): $20/each
boutonnieres for father/grandfather (2): $20/each

Thank you so much for your advice... I appreciate the help and so does my friend! :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Flower question from a newbie...

• Nancy00714Nancy00714 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited May 2012
    I am paying 20, for the groom/ 10 for the groomsmen's bouts  and 25 for the corsages.  My bouquets are more expensive (200 for mine 100, for the BMs).

hmmm...when you think about the fact that the boutonniere is one or 2 blooms, 20 does seem like a bit much, doesn't it?  I guess it depends on the flower?

ETA:  Just realized:  100 is for the MOHs bouquets, I'm paying 75 for the other girls.
    weddingcake-1
  • casymecasyme member
    First Comment
    Those prices are low-moderate for the Manhattan/Brooklyn area.  I'll be paying about 25% more.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards