Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Shower Favors

A few quick questions:

1. Are favors required for a bridal shower?  They're common in my circle but is it rude not to have them?

2. My MOH is hosting my shower but I don't know if she knows that there should be favors (if that's the case) or whether she has planned to have them budgeted for them.  If she hasn't, is it weird for me to offer to buy the favors for the guests?  I don't want her to spend anymore money but I want to adequately thank everyone for coming.  It seems like this is outside the rule against hosting your own shower because the shower is being hosted by her either way, I just wanted to make sure the guests are sufficiently thanked. 

What are everyone's thoughts?  TIA!

Re: Shower Favors

• Options
    No, they're not required at all. If you want to send thank you notes to everyone (instead of just those who bring gifts) you are certinaly welcome to do that after the shower. You could also just stand up during it and thank everyone for being there (still send thank yous for gifts!). 
  • Options
    mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    No, favors are not required but it's also not appropriate for you to buy them either.
  • Options
    I'm glad to hear that they're not required and I think I'll just send everyone a thank you note. But why would it be inapproriate for me to purchase them? Is it really that different than sending everyone a thank you note? Aren't they both just tokens of appreciation?
  • Options
    The favour at my shower last weekend was great - Baci chocolates! YUM! But they were totally unexpected and unecessary - although mightily appreciated!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_shower-favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:057b4580-e356-4088-b4c3-585514881b73Post:347c2cd2-19e8-44e7-b4f5-43fc54fa39fe">Re:Shower Favors</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm glad to hear that they're not required and I think I'll just send everyone a thank you note. But why would it be inapproriate for me to purchase them? Is it really that different than sending everyone a thank you note? Aren't they both just tokens of appreciation?
    Posted by KSquared2013[/QUOTE]

<div>Because you aren't hosting the shower.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards