Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Children at the wedding

I am debating about whether to have children at my wedding or not. I would love to have my cousins' children there. There would only be 4 or 6, depending on if my one cousin from out of state was there (it would also make it MUCH easier for her to come if she brought her kids, which definitely factors into this decision). They are all old enough that I don't think there would be any problems with behavior. What I don't want is a bunch of kids I don't know running around all over the place, bothering my guests, and adding to the budget. I have several friends from college whose children I have never met, and some of them will be, IMO, too young to know how to behave at a formal event when I get married. However, I can understand why someone would be upset/offended/angry if they saw kids at the wedding when theirs weren't invited.

Would it be rude to invite only children that are my relatives?
Anniversary

Re: Children at the wedding

• Options
    No, it's ok to invite children of family members only. Just don't make any exceptions, or your other guests may feel slighted.

Also, don't write "adults only" or "children of family only" or anything like that on the invite. Just address the invite to the people who are invited.
  • Options
    I think it's fine to invite the family kids only.  That's exactly what we did except for the two breastfeeding infants of friends.

If DH and I had a child and were invited to a friend's wedding, we'd have a TON of childcare options.  The same wouldn't be said for a family wedding.
  • Options
    I just wanted to point out that many venues offer free or discounted kid prices.  Kids 0-5 were free and 5-10 were half price.

And I agree with opal and banana - we only had family kids and I didn't hear anyone complain, even my bff (who officiated) and will always tell me exactly what's on her mind.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards