Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Inviting co-workers?

I work in a small business, with around 150 total employees. As a management level employee I have contact with a number of employees, most of which are twice my age, but due to budget restraints, I can't invite them all. How do you choose which employees to invite? Only those you are friends with? Those you work closely with? Taking into consideration they will all want to bring guests, how do you limit the invites?

Re: Inviting co-workers?

• Options
    I've never been in any co-worker's house, never been out with them socially - neither has DH, so we didn't invite anyone from either of our workplaces.  I agree with Panda:  people mix up work relationships with friendships too often.
  • Options
    sounds like you have your answer. Dont invite them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    156image 108image 48image RSVP Due 5/18
    New Bio
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_inviting-co-workers-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:081549c2-f292-43e7-94b0-7c7afdf8e517Post:0d9d3776-143b-4d54-b177-d785c4ea9cda">Re: Inviting co-workers?</a>:
    [QUOTE]It means I don't "hang out" with any of them, as most of them are married with children my age. I speak to about a dozen of them daily, and have traveled for work with them, but we don't spend time away from work together.
    Posted by lisamjune[/QUOTE]

If I were you, I wouldn't invite them.

I had work friends there, but my music department was super close and we hung out a lot outside of school.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I am inviting five people (coworkers) to our reception when we get home from our Destination Wedding. I thought about inviting nearly everyone in our thirty person company, but then thought "why"? The majority would be coming out of a sense of obligation, and who wants that?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards