Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Movies/foods for sick time

I am sick with a cold or the flu or something, and all I feel like doing is curling up in bed with some saltines while watching Pride and Prejudice.

What are your favorite movies or foods to help you feel better?  I'm sure my FI won't appreciate P&P on the TV when he comes home.

(Oh, and unrelated, but I hate that other people went to some other board.  How is that the same as P&E?)

Re: Movies/foods for sick time

• Options
    the goonies or some other awesome 80s movie

as far as food. The one food my mom used to get me when I was sick was a milkshake... weird I know but it made me feel special and happy as a kid and still kinda works
  • Options

movies:

• Looney Tunes cartoons on dvd
    • SATC
    • Gladiator
    • Arthur

Foods:

• chicken and stars with saltine crackers
    • ginger ale
    • peanut butter toast
    • animal crackers
  • Options
    Ummmmm Matlock?  Yeah.  I'm a 80 year old in a 30 year old's body.

If I have an appetite, then probably soup and crackers for food.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • Options

Anna gets extra points for using the new bulleted format.  Awesome.

I started feelling like this yesterday, so I already had some soup.  I guess you can't have too much though!  I never have tried milkshakes...hmmm...

• Options
    Grilled cheese and trashy day time talk shows :)
  • Options
    Food:
    McDonald's
    Bread w/ lots o Butter

TV:
    MASH  or a very dumb romantic comedy

Planning Bio
    Married 9/15/11

*This is Not Legal Advice*
  • Options
    I like having tea and some cinnamon and sugar toast and watching my favorite movie of all time: It's A Wonderful Life
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Confession: H likes P&P almost more than I do. <3 SATC too.

But yeah, I am always pumped when I am down in the dumps and a really trashy VH1 countdown is one. That is the best.
    If not, entire seasons of HIMYM cheer me up.

Food: Tomato biqsue and really cheesy grilled cheese.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_moviesfoods-sick-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:0c39432c-b0d6-436d-a9d5-c600ae0d1fc5Post:1fc966b4-ce03-4c7e-b630-bb8918ade1a1">Re: Movies/foods for sick time</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anna gets extra points for using the new bulleted format.  Awesome.
    Posted by nooniesinlove[/QUOTE]

I was just excited to be able to use it.  I had it half typed out before I remembered the new feature.
  • Options
    Suddenly these saltines aren't cutting it.  I could really go for some grilled cheese.

My FI won't even give P&P a chance.  He can't understand why women like it so much.  BECAUSE!

I love the VH1 countdowns.  That's such a good idea.
  • Options
    Noonies - I actually think he likes it because he has the exact same sense of dry humor like Darcy has. When Darcy acts like diick in the beginning of the movie, Mike completely gets a kick out of that. Also, when Darcy delievers her the letter/is in the gazebo in the rain and gives the speeches about his incompetance as a lover and devotion as a friend, that describes Mike to me in a lot of ways. Mike also has a Darcy size ego ;) It is hottt.
  • Options
    I have to change my answer to Chicken and Dumplings from M&M meat shops (Sorry, Canada only).  Y-U-M!

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • Options
    Lindy, my mom would buy milkshakes for me too.  Also, mashed potatoes -- they're my other "go-to" food in times of sickness.

When I'm sick, I like guilty pleasures... aka bad romantic comedies (I'm normally a horror movie girl, so admitting this is tough... I once watched "The Wedding Date" 4 times in a row while sick).  Or trashy shows like Maury -- they always make me feel better.
  • Options

I'm in the same boat.  Last night I watched Wall-E and had french onion soup. 

This morning: the Price is Right.  My mom and I used to watch it on my sick days as a child. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards