Wedding Etiquette Forum

A Change-Over Eve Anniversary Good Morning!

It was already a year ago today that we knew the change over was going to occur the next day.

Fear was struck in the hearts of many, yet we held on to some optimism that the change over wouldn't suck the life our of our souls.

No one knew what would ensue.....

Cont. tomorrow...

GOOD MORNING!!! How is everyone today?
Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution

Re: A Change-Over Eve Anniversary Good Morning!

• Please don't make me relive that!  I'm finally letting go of what used to be.

Good Morning! 
  • Hey Stackalicious! I know. I KNOW. It was a bad time. A very bad time.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Stackeye210Stackeye210 member
    First Comment
    edited November 2010
    Well I just changed my sig pic so you can think of something else........like BLACK FRIDAY SHOPPING next week.  I don't know.  Retail therapy always helps me when I really feel like rocking in a corner where I lost 81 posts. 

How many did you lose again?  I joke, I joke.........but you did bring it up!!!! 
  • Good morning.  I can't believe it's been a whole year.  I see OOT has her blue balls in her sig pic :)
  • And to think how much I missed. I was already on TK at the time, but hadn't yet discovered the boards. Oh well. I'll be here for the next one. :)
  • Stackeye210Stackeye210 member
    First Comment
    edited November 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_change-over-eve-anniversary-good-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0d022922-fc48-4479-91aa-c750858de4c8Post:e4956fbf-4899-4405-ac30-e52e567f170c">Re: A Change-Over Eve Anniversary Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]And to think how much I missed. I was already on TK at the time, but hadn't yet discovered the boards. Oh well. I'll be here for the next one. :)
    Posted by akhensley81[/QUOTE]

YOU BETTER WATCH YOUR MOUTH SISTER GIRLFRIEND!!!!!!!!!!
  • Haha sorry, Stacks! :)
  • Yeah, Stacks. I totally look at your picture and am drawn to the shopping bags. Uh. Huh.

EIGHT THOUSAND, STACKS. EIGHT. THOUSAND.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Mmmmm... shopping...

So I had to get my ass out the door extraspecialearly this morning to do quarterly random drug tests at one of my client's sites. One of the many things I will not be missing when I'm done with this job. My last day is one week from today! w00t!!
  • AK - I don't really get the feeling that you're quite ready to leave your job just yet.  Maybe you should delay leaving for another week or two until you're completely sure.  ;)
  • Isn't the countdown the best part AK?
  • Haha I think I'd rather have another root canal.
  • Good morning.

I remember the changeover...it wasn't long after I started really posting on TK.  I think I sort of abandoned the boards during the first few days, because NOTHING was making sense.

I'm at work.  Feeling kind of down today.  Can't really explain why.  Maybe the weather.  It's pretty crappy here.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Loopy- It's both cool and annoying. It's only Wednesday and I feel like this week has been a fricken month. I already caught up on all my work, so I literally have nothing to do. I spent all day yesterday knotting and looking for townhouses in the town where my new job is.
  • Is Mr Fezz rocking the kool-aid man?  If so, that's awesome! 
  • mkrupar- We're going to keep renting for now. We've had some other debts to pay off and haven't really saved anything for a down payment, plus we decided we're not quite ready to buy. Soon though, I'm sure. A townhouse will be a nice upgrade from an apartment - more space, etc.
  • Yep!  It's a skateboard company that makes them in all colors.  My H is trying to hold on to his skateboarding lifestyle as long as possible.  He believes he is 16 not 27.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches

• Morning! I don't remember any change over. I had discovered TK, but not the boards yet. I'm glad that I missed the madness.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • How did you people not know about Firefox before last year?! Explorer is SO. SLOW. and just generally awful.
  • Emily I had firefox at home for the longest - it's just at work I only had IE.  I'm not supposed to download anything new on my computer at work, but I did Firefox after the knot change over.  I thought for weeks they were going to come and fire me.  lol.  Now everyone at my job uses Firefox since it works so much better. 
  • I'm with you, Em...first day of the job I have now, I realized my computer only had IE, and I downloaded Firefox and never looked back.  Makes a huge difference.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

• I have to use IE at work according to our IT guy who blocked me from being able to download Firefox. But I have Firefox at home and love it so much.
  • Oh lord, the changeover.  I had been posting for awhile, but still felt like a newbie so it was tough figuring out what was going on.

Morning ladies!  AK, I'm sure you are SO happy to be leaving :)  I told H that I love him dearly and our wedding day was amazing, but the day I get to put my two weeks in at this job (whenever that may be) will be the best day of my life, haha.

The IL's are up from FL to empty out the house they had up here and today is MIL's birthday so I think we're going out to dinner or something.  I hope H gets the apt in SOME kind of order if they're going to come over and see it.  Fingers crossed!

ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_change-over-eve-anniversary-good-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:0d022922-fc48-4479-91aa-c750858de4c8Post:e519a8f4-3c2c-4c19-a1cc-7dc8226bf9ce">Re: A Change-Over Eve Anniversary Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]mkrupar- We're going to keep renting for now. We've had some other debts to pay off and haven't really saved anything for a down payment, plus we decided we're not quite ready to buy. Soon though, I'm sure. A townhouse will be a nice upgrade from an apartment - more space, etc.
    Posted by akhensley81[/QUOTE]

Back in Charleston I lived in a 3BR townhouse for roughly the same rent as an apartment, I know what you mean about more space. Smart to pay off debt before incurring more. Good luck with the hunt and good luck with the new job.
  • So hey - do we have a storytime version of the changeover for us who didn't get to live through it? It sounds like everyone knew it was coming. What happened? Did TK change servers or something? Just an entirely different website format? Why did people lose posts? Weren't there some whole accounts that were lost too? I hear about this all the time and now I wanna know.

Or will that be saved for the anniversary tomorrow? :)
  • Stacks, that makes sense. I'm technically not supposed to have Firefox on my work computer either, but I figure that since the tech people are the ones who're in charge of regulating that, and all tech people hate IE, I'm probably safe.
  • I'm actually surprised I don't have a poem about the changeover...actually....I think I do. I wonder if I can find it.

The Margarita Evolution
  • As a web developer, IE is the bane of my existence. I still can't believe that IT people, of all people, still insist on people using that web browser at work. It has so many problems I don't even know where to begin. And a lot of companies still use IE6 of all things. They wouldn't use a 10 year old computer, so why do they insist on people using a 10 year old browser?

*Ends geek rant*
  • It's been a year already?

A year ago today, Fishy was happily admiring her balls and post count.

The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Haha Birdie I would give you the email address of our IT guy so you can chew him out, but I'm leaving in a week anyway. So whatever.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards