New York-New York City

Hair & Makeup Help!!!!

I am totally overhwelmed looking at websites of makeup artists and hairstylists. There are several that look good that have gotten good reviews but I can't go to 5 different people for trials (too expensive!!)...can anyone give a first hand recommendation or inside info about any of the people listed below??? I also have a big group of girls/moms that will want these services too so anyone in a similar situation is welcome to weigh in. THANK YOU!!! Sally Duvall...I wasn't overwhelmed by the bridal pics of her site, the makeup seemed very muted, but I love that she uses that special airbrush makeup and she says it lasts 10-12 hours without smudging or rubbing off Damali NYC...website seems good, I like that they do hair & makeup Bridal Gal....the makeup airbrushing looks good Stephanie Barr...not even sure how I found her but she also does airbrushing, large bridal parties and has a lot of good web reviews The Glam Fairy...another airbrush person, can accomodate a big group of people Stacy Pitt....I know she has gottten rave reviews on here but the pics on her website all seem the same...like she pretty much has three styles she does on everyone and then just varies them and they all seem to involve curling hair I sratched Once Upon a Bride off the list after a lot of mixed reviews.... I had been recommended Kristan Serafino and Paul Innis for hair and makeup but don't know anything about them other than that they are expensive

Re: Hair & Makeup Help!!!!

• RachiemooRachiemoo member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    i used the glam fairy.  i think she's great at makeup, especially if you love makeup.  my sister in laws, who never wear makeup thought that they were a little overdone, but i personally thought they looked great, as did my other bms who are also makeup lovers like myself.  i thought she was on the pricier end, though i def. feel like i got what i paid for as i loved how my makeup looked on my wedding day and in my photos.
    image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • RachiemooRachiemoo member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    oh and the glamfairy usually works with mandy from www.lasorellabridal.com, she did my hair and did a great job also.
    image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I personally went to way to many trials (6 make-up trials) The Glam Fairy- She is so sweet but the make-up was to heavy and fake looking for me. It also started clumping on my skin after a few hours. Stacy Pitt- I used her and was happy. Once Upon a Bride- Not worth it! Make-up was so so and did not last. I used Maureen Pedala for make up. Her trials are free. She was the best out of the 6 trials I went on. The make-up stayed on all day and night!Good Luck!!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you so much ladies for these reviews....very helpful!!
  • edited December 2011
    I used Bridal Gal for make-up at my wedding, she did mine, my sister's, my mother's and my mother in laws; she also did everyone's make-up at my sister's wedding the year before.  We were all thrilled with her, at both weddings!  I loved the airbrush, it worked great with my skin, other types of foundation end up looking caked-on around my eyes by the end of the night, but not airbrush.  I was also happy that I still looked like me, but the best version of me - it wasn't too much, and it wasn't too little.For hair, I used Rosa Moran from Christos Salon, which specializes in curly hair; if you have crazy curly hair like mine, she's amazing. 
  • edited December 2011
    I used Stacy for my hair and LOVED her.  However, I do have curly hair and was happy when after 4 trials I found her.  My BM's all had straight hair and she did a great job on them. 
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Sissy Chan.  I liked my trial with her a lot.  She does both hair and makeup and is very well priced.  Several other girls on this board have used/are using her and I've only heard great things.
  • hollylfkhollylfk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also highly recommend Sissi Chan for hair.  She does makeup as well but i had a seperate makeup artist.. Laura Nadeau who I also highly recommend.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards