Wedding Etiquette Forum

Night Thread

Re: Night Thread

• I like being old fashioned in some things.

Erin - What I can see of you with your hair looks cute. I like it. I now will imagine you with a phone as part of your face :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0e6859e5-f758-4581-8abe-acf05192452cPost:f0e06650-8cc3-422e-b4fe-cd5c31f71e45">Re: Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Night Thread : That's what she said. I can't do Netflix cause most of their stuff isn't subtitled.  I suck it up and pay for cable.
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

I never would have even thought of that, Edie. I do cable, and both DVD netflix and instant. I watch too much TV.
  • Erin I love the new hair! Did you color it also? I pictured it more golden than that.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0e6859e5-f758-4581-8abe-acf05192452cPost:bd5c59a4-3879-4ca9-ba7b-a6125f09b091">Re: Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like being old fashioned in some things. Erin - What I can see of you with your hair looks cute. I like it. I now will imagine you with a phone as part of your face :)
    Posted by PetalPockets2012[/QUOTE]

Haha, I really can't take pictures of myself very well. I didn't want to ask my H, "Hey wanna take pictures of me for my internet friends?"
  • Yes, Jonathan Rhys Myers is in it.
  • MyUserName1MyUserName1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0e6859e5-f758-4581-8abe-acf05192452cPost:04d8f39a-f52d-48bc-a983-a898f8e53c17">Re: Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Night Thread : Haha, I really can't take pictures of myself very well. I didn't want to ask my H, <strong>"Hey wanna take pictures of me for my internet friends?"</strong>
    Posted by ErinG93[/QUOTE]

<div>heh. heh. There's a lot of room for misinterpretation in that statement.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0e6859e5-f758-4581-8abe-acf05192452cPost:94cd3793-757b-4669-ad9d-f5c52e026797">Re: Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Erin I love the new hair! Did you color it also? I pictured it more golden than that.
    Posted by Megbo2012[/QUOTE]

In my sig pic I had kind of caramel colored highlights. Now I have kind of red. I like to mix it up! But the winter also darkens it and in the summer if I'm in the sun enough my hair lightens a lot.
  • Edie does Hulu have CC or does it suck? I'm way too cheap for cable but I get my TV in other ways.  I'd imagine my ways wouldn't generally have CC though.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:0e6859e5-f758-4581-8abe-acf05192452cPost:660bc6b5-0081-4919-882a-0f7dcee6c478">Re: Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Night Thread : heh. heh. There's a lot of room for misinterpretation in that statement.
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]

LOL (literally)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hey y'all. I'm soooooooo frustrated with not being able to run.

Painted some baseboard tonight. Exciting.
  • Is that because of the heel pain you were talking about before the holidays, Jill?  Have you found out what the issue is?
  • I like it Erin.  The bangs look good.
  • Is there crazy drama going on in a thread somewhere else?  It seems very quiet this evening...
  • Jill, that makes me sad.  It's definitely one of the worst feelings...
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0e6859e5-f758-4581-8abe-acf05192452cPost:5655be71-42e3-42f6-962c-083149435fed">Re: Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is that because of the heel pain you were talking about before the holidays, Jill?  Have you found out what the issue is?
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]
    Yeah. Doc said it's a nerve entrapment, possibly related to tarsal tunnel syndrome. He said to stay off it until the end of this week. But it's still feeling pretty tender, I'm scared to go and make it worse. My F/U appointment isn't until a week from tomorrow. So I'm not really sure what to do.

Meanwhile I'm going out of my mind not being able to do any cardio. I'm on edge and feeling like a fat slug.

ETA: Oh yeah the doc gave me a cortisone injection in my heel. That was SO PAINFUL.
  • I don't know of any drama.
  • Man, that is miserable, Jill.

Are you able to do something like yoga, or is that too much pressure on it too?  Or what about a bike? 

That's a lousy feeling when you're used to those endorphins!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0e6859e5-f758-4581-8abe-acf05192452cPost:132dc375-f022-4ad7-bedf-a54c9cdf01b9">Re: Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jill, I'm sorry.  Is it something that will go away or will it reoccur on occasion?
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]
    I don't know...I'm kind of ticked at my doc for not making this clear to me. I don't know what the long term scenario is, but I'll be honest - I'm getting pretty scared. I don't even feel good about exercise-walking.
  • I got sucked in last night to reading the long AYG on SB. I can't believe that I read the whole thing.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0e6859e5-f758-4581-8abe-acf05192452cPost:6d350b3b-473d-494a-86df-e2ccbd2d7d4d">Re: Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Night Thread : Well, I didn't use organic amber ale, just regular amber ale (it was a british recipe) and it said "two large glasses" and "2 knobs of butter" cook at 6/7 temperature, etc.  So after some googling I thought I figured it out.  Oh well.  Also? Whipping egg whites by hand sucks ;)  I was reading something (I think on TK?) about how people would much prefer a phone call before work, which makes sense.  
    Posted by Megbo2012[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>It toally makes sense. At the same time I was able to just leave my work phone and ipad there and not worry about it. I did leave with the chargers though because I just grabbed my stuff and walked out and they were still in my bag. I went straight to the post office by my house and dropped them in the mail for them. 

</div>
  • I don't really want to try something new like yoga at this stage, without really having a firm grasp of what's going on. Don't have a stationery bike to use, but I wouldn't be sure about that either.

I really, really hope this ends up amounting to nothing. I'm starting to freak out.
  • Ciara - I read the whole thing too. I don't know why, but I did.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:0e6859e5-f758-4581-8abe-acf05192452cPost:eacbad71-f143-45dc-b2e8-61de0fec52e0">Re: Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Night Thread :  ETA: Oh yeah the doc gave me a cortisone injection in my heel. That was SO PAINFUL.
    Posted by daffodil_jill[/QUOTE]

I had to get three shots (2 at once, 1 a different time) in the bottom of my big toe, to numb the area for something. That was probably the worst pain I've ever been in. The first time, I was alone and not expecting that pain and I broke my sunglasses from clenching my fists. The second time, I squeezed the hell out of H's hand.

Foot shots suck.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0e6859e5-f758-4581-8abe-acf05192452cPost:003965c2-9b27-4175-95a3-2aa408bd3950">Re: Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Night Thread : I had to get three shots (2 at once, 1 a different time) in the bottom of my big toe, to numb the area for something. That was probably the worst pain I've ever been in. The first time, I was alone and not expecting that pain and I broke my sunglasses from clenching my fists. The second time, I squeezed the hell out of H's hand. Foot shots suck.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, they shot it into the nerve. So the initial injection part hurt like hell, but that was nothing compared to the burst of fiery burning pain that overtook my whole foot a few moments later.

On a totally unrelated note - Petal, I dig your hat.
  • There were several times that I wanted to comment on something but it was hours old at that time and didn't want to rehash anything.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Man... Jill, I hope some rest will heal it up.  That would stink to be so out of your normal routine.

I got stung by a bee in between two toes once (I stepped on it) and that hurt so bad...
  • Is the AYG thread worth reading?
  • Jill - Cortisone shots (from what I hear) are the worst.  Hang in there.  Have you been cross training at all? Or are you sick or aqua jogging already?

MK - I didn't even think about work stuff that you would need to pick up/drop off.  I'm a sensi so I think I would prefer a phone call so then I could say "ok, thanks" and then bawl to myself for the next 4 hours.  Imagine Bridget Jones except not as hot, which is saying something when she's a crying mess. I'm an ugly crier. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0e6859e5-f758-4581-8abe-acf05192452cPost:8f20f473-e16f-46e5-bb69-f90308ef9447">Re: Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]There were several times that I wanted to comment on something but it was hours old at that time and didn't want to rehash anything.
    Posted by Ciaram22[/QUOTE]

This is pretty much how I feel about most threads like that lol.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks Jill. I actually asked about getting one on here a while back. I've been wearing it to work to model good cold weather habits for the kids. So sorry about your injury. It just sounds so painful.

Loopy - Somehow a wasp got in between my foot and flip flop while I was walking and I got stung. It hurt so much more than when I had been stung other places.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards