Wedding Etiquette Forum

Re: FB Ad

• Options
    Here are the problems with the link vally posted:

A $500 tux? Wear a rented tux like everyfreakinbody else.

I don't want to give you $20 for a "nice dinner out" or a "night at the movies". Seriously? If you can't afford to go on dates, then you can't afford to have a big fat wedding. I wish there'd been a guest book or something, so I could write nefariously evil things about them.
  • Options
    My PITA FSIL decided that since they just bought a house (they bought it to receive the $8,000 check so they could use that money to pay for their wedding since their credit cards are maxed out. This is the kind of people we are dealing with here!) that they needed a Home Depot registry because there is nothing else they need and they only want lighting fixtures and ceiling fans and the like. Since HD no longer has a registry, she decided to go obtain the codes for the items they want and include the list in with their wedding invitations. I told her point-blank that I couldn't let her do that because it was one of the rudest things I have ever heard, but if she gives it to me I'll put it in with the bridal shower invitations.

Ugh. I can't wait for her to be my SIL.
  • Options
    I am Pinky and you are the Brain in this operation.
  • Options
    Haha Sarah!
  • Options
    ok, time to go. i can't really knot from work anymore so i don't know if i will be back on today. i'll try to sneak on during lunch, but i don't know if i'll be able to. sad!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fb-ad?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:0f22b6c9-8297-418d-9063-1f11e50bab81Post:0f87dcf6-b191-4593-84f9-279312597bfa">Re: FB Ad</a>:
    [QUOTE]My PITA FSIL decided that since they just bought a house (they bought it to receive the $8,000 check so they could use that money to pay for their wedding since their credit cards are maxed out. This is the kind of people we are dealing with here!) that they needed a Home Depot registry because there is nothing else they need and they only want lighting fixtures and ceiling fans and the like. Since HD no longer has a registry, she decided to go obtain the codes for the items they want and include the list in with their wedding invitations. I told her point-blank that I couldn't let her do that because it was one of the rudest things I have ever heard, but if she gives it to me I'll put it in with the bridal shower invitations. Ugh. I can't wait for her to be my SIL.
    Posted by SarahSmile23[/QUOTE]

Oh Lord!  What is the matter with people!?!? I have a friend who is talking about buying now that they have extended the credit.....and 3 weeks ago, she was talking about leaving her BF because she was unhappy....can't wait to see how this turns out.  
  • Options
    Aw, Pinky and the Brain. Animaniacs flashback! Which leads to a Tiny Toons flashback! ::sigh::
  • Options
    OMG I miss animaniacs. I actually asked for it on DVD for Christmas, but didn't get it :(
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • Options
    Ew.

Some of the wedding ads they have are ridiculous.

But they're not as bad as when MySpace was all the rage and I'd always have a picture of some really fat person with horrible stretch marks and then their "after" picture where they look like Megan Fox or something.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards