Wedding Etiquette Forum

Another dress fitting question

I didn't want to threadjack Mouse. :-) How far in advance from your weddings did you ladies start your fittings?
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Another dress fitting question

• ggmaeggmae member
    First Comment
    3 weeks! 1 a week until the wedding.
  • Beginning of August for a September 13th wedding.
  • I like 2 or 3 months before.  It took way longer than I thought because she had to take it in a lot.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • My first appt. is this Monday and our wedding date is 9/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker small
  • Salt - If you end up going with Diana, call and make arrangements ASAP.  You don't have to start fitting until you want to, but Diana hurt her back a while ago, and now only takes a couple weddings per weekend, whereas before she would schedule 5-8 weddings a weekend.She will let you know when to start coming in to do fittings.  She alters dresses based on the date of the wedding, not when you get the dress to her.
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    Thanks for letting me know! I will definitely get at her soon then. It was either going to be her, or someone that does alterations for my aunt's store and I wanted to get an idea of how much it was going to cost me from both.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • My wedding isn't until May 2010, dress should be in by January 2010, and I emailed Angie in Fairfax today about scheduling the first fitting for January.  She's super popular and reasonable and close to me so I wanted to jump on it :) 
  • That certainly is "jumping on it"

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards