Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Ceremony Time at 3:30?

Our wedding timing has forced us to start our wedding ceremony at 3:30, and we are worried that our guests may be confused by the half-past time starting. Is it better to start your ceremony ON the hour? Or is starting at half past okay?

Re: Ceremony Time at 3:30?

• Options
    Why would they be confused?
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    We got married at 2:30 and no one was confused...
  • Options
    We are getting married at 2:30, no problems yet.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I'm still wondering why anyone would be confused.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_ceremony-time-330?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:0ae14bd1-02db-4fca-9537-e4cef5a4fb11Post:0e711d5a-1e24-4edf-853d-5c173110f4e1">Re: Ceremony Time at 3:30?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tradition is that weddings start at the upward sweep of the clock hands - therefore any "30" - 1:30, 2:30, 3:30, 4:30 etc. Not everyone observes this tradition, part of the meaning of the this tradition is that happiness and rising fortune comes to couples who marry as the hands of the clock sweep upward toward the hour
    Posted by skippylouwho[/QUOTE]

This.  It's tradition to be married at "half past" - on the upswing.  We're getting married at 3:30 as well.  :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_ceremony-time-330?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:0ae14bd1-02db-4fca-9537-e4cef5a4fb11Post:41c8fda1-f07c-4970-8e59-0b3616cbdb3e">Re: Ceremony Time at 3:30?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My watch has a 6 on it. That means 30.  I wouldn't be confused.
    Posted by CA2MT4EveR[/QUOTE]

I loved this.  :)
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards