Wedding Etiquette Forum

tlv

Do you know anywhere in town (inside 270 loop, preferably central corridor) to go watch the game outside? H & I are trying to compromise. I want to enjoy the nice day, he and his friend want to watch the game. Bonus if the food is good.

Re: tlv

• tlv204tlv204 member
    First Comment
    hmmm... The only place I can think of is right outside of 270, at big bend and dougherty ferry, The Corner Pub and Grill.  I'm pretty sure they have TVs outside.  I've only been there once and the service wasn't that great, but it's the only thing I can think of unless you want to go downtown to Hot Shots, Mike Shannons, etc.
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • That's not too far away, I'll see what H thinks. Thank you!
  • tlv204tlv204 member
    First Comment
    No prob! But now I'm second guessing myself. I think they have TVs outside, but I'll feel really bad if you drive all the way there and they don't! 
    Married
    Planning
  • tlv204tlv204 member
    First Comment
    Oh by the way, have you been to Harry's on Market? My friends are trying to convince me to go out with them there, but it's so far away and I'd have to drive by myself.  If you've been, is it fun?
    Married
    Planning
  • Do they want you to go there for dinner, or clubbing?The food is good and I would go there for dinner. The club is skankolicious, and only fun if you get a reserved couch and table service, and proceed to get completely sh*tfaced. If you don't get a reserved spot there's never anywhere to sit, and it's pretty impossible to get a drink at the bar. But, if it's ladies night you do drink for free, so that could be a plus.
  • Ok, boys are not good at communication. Apparently the requirement from the men folk was a TV at the restaurant so they can check the score, not one outside. Looks like we're going to el scorcho ... if you decide not to go to Harry's you could always meet us down there and I can live vicariously through you as you drink a margarita ;).
  • tlv204tlv204 member
    First Comment
    Yep they want to club.  I always complain when they want to go out downtown, but I recently decided it's not the going out downtown that I dislike, it's the places they pick and the manhunting for pink polo douchebags that I dislike.  **sigh**  Time to call a different friend. Anyway have fun tonight!
    Married
    Planning
  • tlv204tlv204 member
    First Comment
    I actually think I'm going to stay in tonight and be lame, but I can have a margarita anyway in your honor :)  If we do end up being pseudo-neighbors, or even if not, we should get together for the living vicariously drinking thing!
    Married
    Planning
  • I would probably rather stay in than go to Harry's too, and that has nothing to do with not being able to drink. It's a little too meat marketish.We should get together at some point, I see people who travel and meet up and I think to myself "how lame and I for never suggesting that with any of the stl girls" ;).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards