Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

NWR: I need some whining time

I'm at the hotel, wasn't supposed to work, find out yesterday, FI and I canceled our date plans. Oh well, extra money, yada yada. Tell FI it should be a slow night, I'm gonna get some wedding stuff done.HA! Worst night I've had in a long while. Everyone is being so hateful, and we're packed, 15 national guard rooms, and about 30 rooms booked from two weddings, plus other random guests.Take heed, those doing OOT bags! Last minute guests didn't get OOT bags, and are pissed! They keep biitching about, What did I do with the bags, and i'm like, I don't have the fuucking things.And some guests are sharing rooms, and didn't know they were sharing a room, and are pretty irritated (at me, I might add), which has nothing to do with me. It's all family sharing a room, but apparently no one informed the guests. I had one woman get extremely biitchy with me, and I have to admit, I wasn't all sugar back to her. She didn't get that if I make a new key card, it deactivates the orginal, and she treated me like I was stupid trying to explain what she wanted.The national guard heifers have been the worst, especially the women. They are also sharing rooms, but the Guard is paying for their rooms, and the guy who made them said they should have been aware, but they are soooo pissed about it, and have been really awful about it. I get that sharing a room with a random stranger sucks, but 1) you don't have to pay for it, and 2) it's not a vacation, they're their on business.Sorry!! I'm just in a really bad mood at this point. It's been so hectic.Biitch here if you'd like :) We can commiserate together!
(Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
(Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com

Re: NWR: I need some whining time

• Options
    That sucks.  I'm sorry.  People are heifers.Biitch: I am kind of terrified that my vacation with FILs is going to be a disaster.  They think I'm fancy and high-falutin because we're not getting married in their podunk town.   FI mentioned renting a limo for the wedding and they freaked out about how expensive it was.   And FMIL wants me to register at some place that puts registry information in the newspaper and is totally local to her.  And FFIL talks constantly about the most boring stuff ever.  I want to stab my eyes out when I'm listening to him.  They are really nice, but difficult.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    I ate too much dinner and feel like a fatty patty. Being a 'regular' at work would be so much easier than a manager. At times, I wonder if the extra money is worth it. Today it wasn't. I've been to overworked, and underslept to really bond with DH at all this week. We've been really seperate (i can't find a better word) this week - and I hate that feeling. whine whine whine. That's all I've got.
  • Options
    shan, do you have time tomorrow or sunday to plan something that will make you feel "together"?a shared activity, a romantic dinner, something?  and nookie always helps me feel less separate, so i prescribe some nookie!
  • Options
    brie - I'm going on a 4 day trip with SIL, BIL, DH, MIL, FIL. They are so close. I still don't feel like I fit in completely. I don't know if I ever will. I always feel like they're worried they are going to piss me off, so they walk on eggshells and ask me if everything is okay. They're super sweet... but I'm worried too. You'll be in my thoughts next week. It can be tough - even if you love them.
  • Options
    salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    My shoulder is all effed up again and I reek of Icy Hot. Sorry work is so shiitty, Whit. :-(
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    BF got called in to work at 1:30, they wanted him to be there (an hour away) at 3. They got kind of pissy that we weren't even home so he couldn't get there till after 6. Today and tomorrow are also his last days off before vacation and we needed to get some stuff done. Now I will probably end up packing and everything for him.And the dog gave me a frickin bloody nose.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    CS, it's really frustrating.  I like them, and they're nice, and his mother basically told me to plan whatever I wanted for the RD and they'd pick up the bill, no questions asked.  But gawd, they are boring.  His dad went on and on and on at dinner about Native American fishing methods and how Viking ships were built.  Seriously, dude?  At least FI can be rude and tune him out openly because he's his kid, but I feel obligated to be polite and feign interest.
    two years!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    timmy - We just did dinner out... but now I'm feeling fatty patty. So nookie is a no go... as it has been all week because I've been too tired. My poor DH. I need to get my act together.
  • Options
    salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    T-Jane - I watched your proposal vid earlier and it was the coolest thing ever. I think you are quite awesome. That is all.
  • Options
    OOT bags are not required so send the to the knot for a full explanation on this custom.I'd biitch about room sharing if I had to share with my sisters or my older SIL.If my company can't afford a room for me, they can't afford me.  Yeah, an old boss tried to pull that crap on me once.
  • Options
    Like I told you from the beginning....start a blog and insert insults and all the things you wish you could say to them in the blog.  It was the greatest thing I ever did for myself working in hotels.  It made me laugh and still does.
  • Options
    salt - Thank you! To warn you in advance, so you're not disappointed, that's probably the coolest thing about me.
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    Thanks, shan.  I hope you guys reconnect soon!It is also a bit uncomfortable because his whole family is very politically conservative and I'm not.  FFIL in particular likes to openly Obama-bash, talk about how awesome Sarah Palin is, make gay jokes, and rant about abortion.  It's awkward.  I nearly had to leave the table once when he was being really, really gay-stereotype-y.  Drives me crazy.  I don't feel like I know them well enough to call him out on it, though.
    two years!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Oh, and since we're whining and I still have some whine left in me:We live in the house he bought with his ex-wife.She still lives here too.
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    shan, maybe the better thing to do is to do something on your own that makes you feel good (pedicure?) and then come home feeling good to your man...and make him feel good!a little pampering can go a long way!
  • Options
    salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    Pffft whatever. You have purple hair and that rocks too.
  • Options
    We live in the house he bought with his ex-wife.She still lives here too.dingdingding, TJ FTW.
    two years!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    CS, I know, right? I was really surprised at their attitudes. They're here for guard duty!
  • Options
    tj - whaaaaa? I guess I'm sorry... I can't imagine how living in that situation could be comfortable, or good, but whatever works.
  • Options
    my MIL baby talks.  she says, "oh this dinner will be so num num."i hate that.  i just smile. 
  • Options
    CS--hahaha, I think it would be fun to have a FFIL that was always high!  At least there would be good food around.But yeah, I totally understand. 
    two years!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    OH! OH! Effin family of Chileans just checked in, 6 rooms! Not a lick of English among the 20 of them!! THAT was interesting! I feel better that y'all have biitchin to share too.
  • Options
    shanwalk - I wouldn't say it works so much as... well, everyone's alive.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    Whit, how do last minute wedding guests know there are OOT bags they didn't get? From other guests? I want to do them, but have no idea how to find out about people who book at the hotel but maybe find a better deal on the net and aren't in the Mylastname/Hislastname wedding block. Dan and I are moving, right? So we started tonight moving stuff like clothes and our pantry. First, I'm peeved and stressed that he decided to just no pack - we're moving 2 buildings over. We've taken tons of stuff to the new place and it still doesn't look any different except for empty bookshelves. I'm a little freaked. Then, I'm over that the new place, hanging up clothes and he comes in with dusty kitchen chairs. Who moves dusty furniture? Clean it first. Every now and again he does things half-asssed and it drives me a little bonkers. Moving dusty furniture, are you kidding me? (yes, I realize my chairs shouldn't be dusty, but they get overlooked and I knew we were moving and planned to do it then)
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • Options
    salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    [i]my MIL baby talks. she says, "oh this dinner will be so num num."[/i]So like...she talks like that when there are no children present? My head could possibly explode if I ever witnessed that.Hi Brooke!!
  • Options
    tj - is that living situation completely necessary? thank goodness DH doesn't have any ex's, but I can imagine... and I don't think the "roomie" situation would work out. at all. When are you going to be able to get your own place?
  • Options
    Dan and I are moving, right? So we started tonight moving stuff like clothes and our pantry. First, I'm peeved and stressed that he decided to just no pack - we're moving 2 buildings over DH and I just moved within the same building. Not packing was a baaaaaad idea. It took us an entire week to finally get things moved. And I took 4 of those 7 days off work. It took forever and was very painful. I'm sorry! Those close moves are tricky... I hope you guys love your new place!
  • Options
    salt.  no children necessary for the baby talk.  it's like she just can't shake it!!!  okay, going to bed now.  thanks for all the entertainment tonight while my husband played an xbox game killing zombies or something similarly disturbing...(it's just a game...it's just a game...)
  • Options
    Brooke, they heard that other guests had them and wondered where theirs was. I didn't say anything about the bags myself, mostly because I didn't know a thing about them. I wasn't here when they were delivered and placed in the rooms.
  • Options
    Hi Salt!! How are you dear? Shan, my parents are coming tomorrow afternoon, and I hope my mom takes over and packs some stuff. That's about the first time I've ever hoped for interference from my mother. But FI wanted to do it this way, and I decided that I'm step back and see how hard we crash and burn.
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards