Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Bride's Book?

My mom is insisting that I have a Bride's Book, which (for those that don't know - I didn't, until recently) is a book where you write down your shower gifts, the person that gave them to you, the shower guests sign the book, and you put pictures in it.  We have looked everywhere for one, and have had no luck.  I think it's kinda silly, but she is really wants me to have one.Anyone know where to find something like this?  Not really a guest book or a photo album - kinda a mix of the two.Thanks :)

Re: Bride's Book?

• Options
    salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    I have never heard of this before, but why don't you just make one?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Hobby Lobby has books that have lines on one side and photo space on the other.
  • Options
    I wouldn't even know where to start to make one.  I don't have a creative bone in my body... but, that is an idea.
  • Options
    Step 1: buy notebook to write guests names and gifts Step 2: develop pictures, rubber cement them to pages of said notebook.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • Options
    salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    Anna's idea is great. Or I know Michaels has scrapbooks and stuff. Those might work also.Don't you just love when moms insist on the most random things?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Someone asked about the Bride's Book on here a month or so ago.I haven't seen one in years!  My mother and grandmother both had them though.The closest I have seen is the Martha Stewart Wedding Planner that has a bride's book section.Not sure, did you google it by that name?
  • Options
    Target has really cute scrapbooking stuff-- I'm pretty sure they have some for weddings.  Lemme look
  • Options
    Rubber cement? No one? Ugh.
  • Options
    Hobby Lobby has them, but they call them "Memory Books" I got a very pretty one there for a good price. It has a guest book in it too.
  • Options
    Yeah, my mom, grandmother, aunts, etc. all had them, so they INSIST that I need one.  I was in Birmingham, AL today looking for a MOB dress with my mom and aunt, and we looked there - the one that we found was $150, which is ridiculously dumb.I hadn't even HEARD of one until they mentioned it... but apparently, it's something I. have. to. have.jarmstrong - That's cute, but not exactly what she had in mind.  A Bride's Book has pages that say "Shower..."  and stuff like that written on it.  A few pages for Honeymoon, Engagement, etc. too.  Really silly, but alas, it's a "necessity."
  • Options
    I'll check Hobby Lobby.  I think my mom is going to run by a Hallmark store tomorrow.  Who knows.
  • Options
    Wedding lesson 1: nothing is "necessary" except for a groom, an officiant, a witness, and a marriage license. Honestly, do what you want. People will take pictures, someone will write down gifts. I've said "no way, Jose" to all the "necessary" wedding stuff that don't fit me. If a Bride's Book isn't you, let it go.
  • Options
    brookelyn - LOVE the rubber cement :)  I used to love putting that stuff on my hands, letting it dry, and peeling it off.  I think I'll let this one go.  If my mom really wants me to have one that badly, I'm not going to argue.  Not worth it.  But, I do agree that those are the only necessities. :)
  • Options
    Do you think your mom is referring to something like this?  [url]<a href="http://snipurl.com/og5v7" rel='nofollow'>http://snipurl.com/og5v7</a>[/url] or maybe this? [url]<a href="http://snipurl.com/og5pc" rel='nofollow'>http://snipurl.com/og5pc</a>[/url]
  • Options
    jarmstrong, I think we were on Amazon at the same time!
  • Options
    Ha!  I think you're right :) Seriously, am I sick for wanting one of these? I think they're cute! :)
  • Options
    I just honestly don't have attachment to "things." I think  FI does more than I do. He wants to keep my garters, he kept the bottle of wine we drank the night we got engaged (swoon!), and he remembers what I wore and ordered for dinner on our first date. I respect it, but I don't get it. I'm the girl who wants to trash her wedding gown for art. If someone said I needed a Bride's Book, I'd think they were crazy. If your mom insists, go for it, but I totally get your not really initiating the search.
  • Options
    Okay, I'll bite. I have one, because my mom and grandma both had them as well as other family members. I got mine from Amazon, but haven't done anything with it. I guess I should find it...

• Options
    My mom also insisted I have one - I ordered it off of etsy from itsmyday, and it turned out amazingly.  I highly recommend her.
  • Options
    I think that if she wants you to have it so bad, she should find one and give it to you.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I got a book from Target. It is Blue and greenish... I want to say it has Happily ever after written on it... but I can't quite recall at this moment... sorry I'm not in my hometown currently... but it was like $14.99 and it is like a scrapbook from the beginning til the end... it includes how you met, engagement, parties thrown for celebration of engagement, shower pages where you write about what people got you and put pictures in the areas given... plus it includes pages where you can put stuff about your wedding party and your dress and his tux how he proposed the planning up til the wedding, the big day itself, and the honeymoon. plus a page for planning your future and you can look back on in five years and see if thats how it turned out or not... I promise it is really cute and a neat idea... I just can't think of how it exactly looks but everyone thinks it is adorable and such a great idea... oh it also has place to store things also... between the pages  resembles kinda a folder... oh geez when I get back home I will take a picture and post it on here... sorry... but it is at Target in the picture album area... right across from the scrapbooking stuff so just so you know it is not on the aisle of scrapbooking but rather the aisle with photo albums... sorry for the confusion if any... hopefully this is helpful somehow... but I'll post a picture once I arrive home again...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards