New York-New York City

Roosevelt Hotel

I was wondering if anyone here has booked or considered the Roosevelt Hotel for their wedding. It is easy to find info about the weddings themselves but not about costs or any details about what the hotel offers. Unfortunately, we are in a pickle as we had booked Tavern On The Green but now with the new takeover that takes effect in January, they are refunding all 2010 deposits... ugh

Re: Roosevelt Hotel

• edited December 2011
    Heard about TG's new management; was wondering how that would affect weddings (had considered it for a very brief second).  Is it not able to guarantee completion time to still have weddings or will you be given the option of using the venue later (first come, first serve so for some it might be better to find a new place)? Can't say I know anything about the hotel.  Have you tried sending an email?  Usually, you will be sent information, like a brochure, that'll at least give you some idea of costs (or you can figure it out).  I'd send an email and state you are considering the venue for X number of people on Y date and would like some pricing info.  If they don't send you anything then you can bet it's fairly pricey.  GL.
  • xHannahBearxxHannahBearx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well they don't get the name Tavern with the property, the Leroy's own the name and apparently the new proprietors don't feel the need to be respectful of the contracts already drawn up or responsible for ruining people's events (imagine how June 2010 brides must be feeling!) They have made no mention of anything they plan on offering to the people who they are cancelling on. They are just canceling the contracts and sending people back their money. As someone who was raised in NY and lived there for 25+ years, I can honestly say that I will never patronize the Boathouse restaurant or the new incarnation of The Tavern property after this. To me it shows a complete lack of respect for the history and tradition of Tavern on the Green and a completely lack of respect for the loyal customers and patrons of the property as well. The only reason the city even approved the lease change was because they are making 5 times as much money off the new deal as they have been.
  • cknud112cknud112 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi.  I received pricing from them in 2008 and it was around $210 - $225 for a Friday night.  I emailed them through the website and they sent me a menu with prices, so I recommend doing that to make sure you are getting the correct information.
  • kriserinkriserin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I checked the Roosevelt for my Dec '09 wedding and they quoted $165/person for a Saturday evening. They said it was their recession pricing.
  • edited December 2011
    I am having my weddin there next summer.  I have been so impressed with the way everything has been handled.  They quoted us $165 originally but said that since the economy is so bad, they would work with us.  Our contract is for 150 people, but they said that they could add more people for the same price or something along those lines.  I haven't had a tasting yet, so that's really the only thing that's worrying me a little bit.  Another awesome thing about the Roosevelt is Sylvia Weinstock is the designer of the wedding cake.  It's included in the price. She's pretty famous and is at every wedding event that's hosted in the city.  She's awesome.  Has anyone else had their wedding there?  I would love to hear about the food.As for Tavern, I have a friend that was supposed to get married there next January, but they moved it up to October.  She said what is going on there is horrible and she wouldn't want to have her wedding there after the new ownership has started. 
  • deliapinkdeliapink member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also considering having my wedding reception at the Roosevelt hotel, but at their rooftop lounge Mad46.  I too would love to hear if anyone has any personal experience with them, Im having a bit of trouble getting information from them - hopefully its because they are really busy and not because they have bad event managers! Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards