Wedding Etiquette Forum

Orlando in January?

Florida knotties - what can I expect in Orlando mid January (weather wise, parks wise, etc.). We have a huge business meeting there, including taking customers to a huge farm show, and I'm working on an invite for customers, but am trying to familiarize myself a little bit better first.

Re: Orlando in January?

• This past January was unseasonably warm (highs in the 80s consistently). But ordinarily, January is cooler than Nov & Dec, more in the 60-70 range. Temps are in Fahrenheit btw.Park wise, I would expect them to be quieter since the Holidays are over and it is quite a ways from the sunny and warmer climate of the spring & summer.
  • It has been a while since I have lived there but from what I remember weather usually 50's and parks not too crowded. The weeks leading up to christmas and the week after christmas are really crowded but I would say mid Jan. you wouldn't have to deal with too many people.
  • First and foremost, you should expect Publix Cupcakes because they are super awesome. Other than that, Mickey Ears, and you should be good.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • hey, that's where i live!wow, orlando weather is so unpredictable. check this out:http://www.orlando-weather.us/orlandoweatherinjanuary.htmlgood luck, p2!
  • January is in the middle of "high season" in Florida when everyone from up north comes down to escape the harsh winter weather (both visitors and seasonal residents).  It will be busy and prices will be high but you won't be suffering in the summer heat.The weather can vary from temps in the 60s to freezing cold. I'd check in the with the Central Florida local board for more detailed recommendations.
  • Hells yea Publix cupcakes ARE awesome.
  • ...as are Publix subs.I may miss my friends and family in Florida but I also really, really miss Publix.
  • Yah, I thought of the central Fl board too...I knew there are a few FL knotties here though. Anything beats Canadian Januaries. Publix Cupcakes? What makes them so much more spectacular than normal cupcakes?
  • Publix is simply the best grocery store ever.  Check out their website and find one near your hotel. www.publix.com PS: My wedding cake was from Publix. Yum.
  • What makes them so much more spectacular than normal cupcakes?If I told you, I'd have to kill you.
  • well shucks. I guess I'll have to wait a few more months to find out on my own. My boss didn't understand why I wasn't all that keen on going mid-January. I kindly reminded him that my wedding is exactly 1 month after the date of the meeting, and I wasn't comfortable travelling for a week  - 4 weeks before my wedding. He chuckled and offered me free tickets to universal and busch gardens if I come. I'm so going. But I told him he couldn't biitch at me when he's looking for me mid-feb and I'm gone for 2 weeks.
  • Yeah, listen to Sarah.  It's unpredictable.  But a helluva lot better than May-Sept. Islands of Adventure is awesome, so recommend going there.  It is common for Snow birds to be here, but, if you hit the parks on a weekday, it shouldn't be too bad. And Publix is Heaven.  I wouldn't move to NY because they don't have Chick Fil A or Publix. :) Depending on what area you're in, I can refer some great restaurants.  I was a Hospitality Major so I'm all about good food.
  • January is unpredictable but generally dry and pleasant.  I would be prepared to layer.Park wise, Feb tends to be slower.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Alexia - yes! That was my next question - we want to take the customers that do join us out for a wonderful meal - this can either be a gourmet type thing, or something very typical of Orlando. What would you recommend? Price doesn't really matter, but there will be a few kiddos joining us, so needs to accomodate to them. I've been to Orlando 4 times, but never in a matter that I don't have to worry about costs, etc. Not that the business doesn't need to watch expenses, but I think you get the picture. We thought a fun one would be the Canadian Pavillion at Epcot - and then to watch the laser show and fireworks. But that might not work for everyone (not sure yet on if we are covering park passes or not).
  • They updated the movie in the Canadian Pavillion a couple years ago to an Imax kind of thing that's pretty cool.  I found it interesting and entertaining.  Defintely worth checking out.
    Claire Elisabeth born at 27w1d on 2/20/11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Awesome. FI's VP from their LA office usually takes them to Capital Grille or Maggiano's on I-Drive. I LOVE Texas de Brazil.  That one is more kid friendly cause it's loud.I think those three have websites.  Dinner will be about $50 per person without drinks.For the Disney night, I always eat in Morocco if we're in Epcot.  They have yummy food and belly dancers.  I also love Sea World and you can eat in Shark Enounter and watch the sharks swim around you.Feel free to email me if you have any questions or want other places.  Cafe Tu Tu Tango for Tapa's and fun music.  The Samba Room.  Downtown Orlando has some fun bars, Ceviche is a great restaurant.  Depends on where you are and where you wanna go.ucfalexia27 @ hotmail . com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards