Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Music in general for wedding

I really love music and I just wanted to know what the norm is for wedding music and how many songs should be played? Its probably a stupid question but there are so many great love songs out there today. I would love to hear your answers and I would love to get some feedback on your favorite love songs that are great wedding ideas!

Re: Music in general for wedding

• Options
    Thanks! I am planning on a few songs by T. Carter! I imediately fell in love with three of his songs. My Fiance and I are planning on writing our own vows but could I have a song played instead? T. Carter has a song called This Ring that would be lovely when exchanging rings. I still have a long time until the wedding so I am still in the planning stage. Nothing is set in stone yet!
  • Options
    Thank you for the advice! I am planning my whole wedding with a few ideas from my FI.
  • Options
    I don;t think you can replace the vows.  You can write your own, but most states required that you express your desire and consent for marriage verbally in order for a marriage to be valid.  I don't think you can replace the vows with a song.

We are having music played while guest arrive, a processional song for the wedding party and me to walk down the aisle, songs during the presentation of the gifts and communion (Catholic mass), and a song for when we walk out down the aisle.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards