New York-New York City
Options

Vanderbilt at South Beach on Staten Island

Hi!  Does anyone have any feedback on the Vanderbilt at South Beach on Staten Island as a wedding venue?  If you've ever been there for a wedding on a Sunday, were you there in the afternoon or evening?

Re: Vanderbilt at South Beach on Staten Island

• Options
    Jamilynn627Jamilynn627 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My husband and I attended a Sunday evening wedding there. The room was very beautiful, but honestly, the food was horrible. I'd ask to have a tasting and make sure the food is what you expect. I've heard mixed reviews since so they may have improved it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Did people leave early from the wedding because it was on a Sunday evening?  We would not be getting food from the Vanderbilt because it needs to be a glatt kosher wedding.  So, we're thinking about using Signature Caterers by Roz LLC. 
  • Options
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Very few if any. We didn't see anyone leave early.
  • Options
    esrogersesrogers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding there a few months ago and had a similar experience as the previous poster. The room is beautiful, but I remember the food being bad. My entree's side of vegetables was literally one carrot and two pieces of asparagus. The plate looked very empty.I don't remember anyone leaving early at a Sunday evening wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Were either of these weddings Jewish weddings?  Do you know if these weddings were catered by the Vanderbilt or an outside caterer?  Thanks!
  • Options
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The one we attended wasn't, so I don't think they had an outside caterer.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards