Wedding Etiquette Forum

You had me at "meow"

Meet Ozzy.http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=13960536In the boredom of unemployment, I've been walking dogs and such at the Humane Society.  I was in the back doing laundry and finished up, and all the dogs had been walked, so I went to the cat playroom to kill some time.  These cats LOVE people.  I sat down in the middle of the room, and they all came up to me and rubbed on me and purred.  Ozzy came up and plopped himself right in my lap.  He would not move.  He is just a big cuddle bug.  I was reading his bio on Petfinder, and I can't believe anyone would return him!  He's the friendliest cat ever!  I'd take him, but Kashmir prefers to be an only cat.  Anyway, i just had to share the cuteness.  Get used to it, I'll probably have lots of stories.

Re: You had me at "meow"

• AWWWWW! I SO want another cat, but we already have 2 and H doesn't want another one. *pouts and stamps foot*
  • Awwwww I love him!! Are you sure that Kashmir wouldn't like to have a new brother? I though Oskar preferred to be an only cat also, but he gets along so great with G.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • But.. but.. Kashmir wants a brother! My sister used to volunteer at the shelter a lot, and anytime I'd stop by, I'd find several dogs AND cats that I'd have gladly taken if possible. Stupid irresponsible pet owners, making want to take their babies home because they didn't want them anymore.
  • He is too cute! I love him. If only DH was not deathly allergic... I would have atleast 3 by now!
    photobucket-29369-1334754217385 2012-12-30_13-03-57_810_zps6f98a3be
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We cannot afford a cat right now.There's no room in the apt for a litter box.I'll be in the corner chanting this to myself for the rest of the day. 
  • Yeah, DH is allergic, too.  :(  Kashmir's a bengal and doesn't have dander (or as much dander, not sure) and doesn't bother him, but domestic shorthairs like the one I had when we were dating--he'd be up all night blowing his nose. 
  • I'm also allergic and we have two long haired cats, which are my very favorite. I just take a lot of Claritin.
  • He'd make my eyes itch constantly, but I love him.Too bad it'd look like I have pink eye.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Sarah I wish you could come with me on Thursday.   You'd love it! You'd be in kitty heaven! 
  • This is why I can't go to shelters.  My one fear related to this pregnancy is that the baby will be born allergic to animals.  That would suck. 
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Love him! Ditto Tide. I'd take every animal home.
  • [i]My one fear related to this pregnancy is that the baby will be born allergic to animals.[/i] I like to think that she is in some way becoming immune to those allergies while in the womb. :-)
  • How cute.. I pictured him as a black cat.. We just adopted a second cat  but he is sick ( has a respiratory infection) poor kitty.... he is a little crybaby right now cuz he is sick but he is still cute. Our cat Hated other cats.. but we got the little kitten ( charlie) and our cat that hated cats.. LOves this little kitten
    Photobucket
  • Haha Salt - I figure with as much cat hair as I probably ingest on a daily basis, that the baby should have a super strong immunity.  ::fingers crossed::  :)
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Sarah I wish you could come with me on Thursday. You'd love it! You'd be in kitty heaven! I'm thinking i need to extend my NC trip by at least a day so i can meet the kitties!
  • My one fear related to this pregnancy is that the baby will be born allergic to animals. I'm super allergic to animals, but once they're in your house for a while, you become immune. I have two kitties that don't bother me a lick, but if I go to anyone's house, I sneeze and get watery-eyed. My husband is allergic as well, and my kitties don't bother him either. So all you girls with allergic FI's and H's, tell them to suck it up. I've had pets AND allergies my whole life. That's what Zyrtec is for.
  • Heels, you are in NC right? My parents recently relocated down there, mom has been trying to convince dad to get another kitty. I should start her off by sending her the info on Ozzy. I am hoping she can wear him down eventually!
  • Ozzy is soooooo cute!!! How awesome that you are helping at the shelter! That is so commendable! DH never had pets as a kid. According to his Mom he was allergic to everything. We now have 2 kitties and a puppy!!!
    "If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
  • Cute! Love kitties! I'm going for my vet assistant degree (very slowly) and it's going to be hard not wanting to take them all home with me! Especially when I start volunteering at the shelters. I'd get another, but FI barely tolerates my cat as it is! Understandable as my cat is a bully and beats up on his dog. Who by the way is bigger than the cat. Hahah...
    Photobucket
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Stephanie  Castiglione's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • You know, FI's allergic and all, but he's in London right now, and I miss fur.  Want to see if you can airmail him? :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards