New York-New York City
Options

Staten Island Reception halls

Does any one have any suggestions for a Staten Island reception hall $100 or less. We are having approx 250 at our wedding and we have gone to see the Hilton and the excelsior grand so far. Both of them are at least $125 plus tax and gratuity and that is over our budget. We like the idea of the hilton because we are going to have allot of out of town guests but I just don''t want to be in allot of debt after our wedding.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Staten Island Reception halls

• Options
    marie427marie427 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you pretty set with your date yet? We had ours at the Old Bermuda Inn for under $100 thanks to having the wedding on a Friday. Even though Saturdays are over $100 there, they give you a detailed list of how you can decrease the per-plate costs even more - we saved an additional $10 a plate beyond the Friday discount thanks to their suggestions, so you might want to look into that. And I have zero complaints about OBI - they were amazing from start to (especially) finish.

imageimageimage

ExerciseMilestone
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks I left a message there earlier today and am waiting to hear back so I can make an appt and go and see it. I have allot of family coming from out of town but if a friday is the only way to save a good amt of money we might have to do that.
  • Options
    marie427marie427 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Right, I forgot you mentioned many OOT guests. OBI does have Saturday afternoon discounts and Sunday discounts too, just not as steep as the Friday discounts. I am not sure what their guest size limits are, but also check out the Staaten and Grand Plaza - I've heard they are fairly affordable too. And even if some venues advertise themselves as having prices at $100+, it never hurts to ask if there are ways to lower the prices. Even with our discounts, we still had the typical full open bar and tons of food. Good luck!

imageimageimage

ExerciseMilestone
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks. I just got off the phone with the guy at OBI and we are going there tonight at 6pm and we are going to the staaten after that. Hopefully they will work with us.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Old Bermuda Inn offered us $85 pr plate for a Jan wedding and $90 for a June wedding. They were the cheapest place on the Island we saw.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I forgot the Statten which was $95.
  • Options
    KerriMcCarthyKerriMcCarthy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiance bartends at The Island Chateau on the weekends.  I think they just lowered their price to about $100 per person and they include your flowers and your cake, so that saves additional money, and you get to pick out your stuff directly from the florist and the bakery.  FYI he said the food is great there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards